Author Topic: Hunter-Trapper update  (Read 2042 times)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
Hunter-Trapper update
« on: April 13, 2011, 02:19:02 pm »
We got a call from HT last night and they were in Missouri.They ended up going down thru Maryland and then West Virginia and then ended up in Missouri as of yesterday.He says there having a blast and meeting some good folks.Lots of people offer them money and he says no but he says some people insist they take it.(he has worked for me in my construction business since he was 12 and had a another job as a car detailer since 10th grade)Their planning to keep heading west towards Wyoming and Utah.The friend he,s with(Jarrod) has some kinfolk in Utah.They,ve been walking and catching rides here and there and just sleeping in any woodlot or forests they end up at the end of each day.The wife is a little better with it now that some time has passed and he does call every 3-5 days.have a great day-Lloyd

HatchA

Re: Hunter-Trapper update
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:30:10 pm »
Sounds like they're having a fun time :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:04:37 pm »
Sounds like fun. I did the same thing just before I thought I was going in the Army and then Nam. Never ended up in either but had fun hitch hiking across the USA in the early 70's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 11:26:17 am »
Glad to hear he is doing good,don't think I would want to do it now but would have been fun
when I was younger. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 01:53:12 pm »
Sounds like an experience.  I did the same thing over in Europe.  Hitchhiking, train jumping, sleeping in parks in Rome, Barcelona, Copenhagen...When I would get low on cash, working a little in hostels for room and board then moving to the next city.  No doubt he will learn more about people than others learn in years.  To bad every kid doesn't get to have similiar experiences.  Good on him!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 06:58:15 pm »
Make sure he calls me if he finds himself heading for Mt Rushmore country!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.