Author Topic: HOW GOOD  (Read 11378 times)

Offline NTD

Re: HOW GOOD
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 06:23:49 pm »
"I want to knowthough... why aren't people any smarter ?"

Because intelligence is not soley an accumulation of knowledge. 
Nate Danforth

Offline Kegan

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 08:13:10 pm »
"I want to knowthough... why aren't people any smarter ?"

Because intelligence is not soley an accumulation of knowledge. 

My spelling/typing should be proof of that ::).

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 07:21:30 am »
   I'm like you hiilbilly I'm a hands on type and have always really injoyed it that way. And have made just about everything I have.  I had and have people LOTS of times say WHY you doing that why don't you just buy it or don't do that I'll give you one. I don't do it because I have to but because I want to.
  When you make something you have far more insite of how it works.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline johnston

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 01:46:20 pm »
There is another side to this... A couple years back when I started reading PA and eavesdropping the forums it had never crossed my mind to build bows. Seemed just like work and who needs that?

But.. "meeting" the people and looking at the eye candy they were turning out slowly got to me. EVERYBODY was using terms that I still don't understand and all of you were were having a ball.  When us beginners asked questions we got real answers and pretty soon I started  checking out archives and ancient threads. Found myself mumbling things like " needs a shade more off the left fade" or "tips are too thick, gonna be a pain to shoot". Y'all taught me before I even picked up a draw knife. And now even though I am on my first one I understand the mind set.  And I have more questions than ever but the wood is teaching me now.

It means a great deal when a newbie(of the proper attitude) gets a question answered by someone who has posted something beautiful. Whether you like it or not some of you have fans as well as friends. And as for me I have never asked a question without getting an intelligent response from one of you.

Good thing too cause it aint that I don't know nothing , hell, I 'm so slow I don't even suspect nothing.

Lane

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 04:55:21 pm »
And I have more questions than ever but the wood is teaching me now....

...when a newbie(of the proper attitude) gets a question answered by someone who has posted something beautiful. Whether you like it or not some of you have fans as well as friends. ...

Just getting to the point where you listen to the wood is one of the toughest lessons to teach someone getting into this mania.  Some "get it" others never will.  You are well on your way!

There are certain "rock stars" on this site, and yet none of them think of themselves as having tiger-blood, Adonis DNA, a 10,000 year old brain and the boogers of a 7 yr old!  Well, except for the boogers part!  For the most part, they all have that Jimmy Stewart sort of "aw shucks" attitude about their skills and ability to teach.  I think that's why this site is so successful at turning out new bowyers with reputable skills.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.