Author Topic: Mentally Challenged Shootin'  (Read 39064 times)

Manager

Re: Mentally Challenged Shootin'
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 05:38:48 pm »
If she gets a bottle, the I want one .......but I need a glass

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 06:10:03 pm »
And make sure the glass is fine crystal and matches her tiara! ;)
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline mamba

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 11:05:24 pm »
Greg I've been fighting TP hard since 2002.I have a trophy with that date on it(thats how I know). I have not had an anchor for years in competition.I am determined to beat it and just bought a clicker.Now if I CAN ONLY GET THE D_ _ed think to click I may shoot well again.
Ray/NY

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 02:56:35 pm »
Greg, I just need a long straw (one that touches down to the bottom  )...I will swish it around so I can fully appreciate the aromas and the flavors etc. I promise.

Marie, hope that bottle doesn't have any sediment in it. :) You have such fine taste in wine, that I'm sure it won't. ;D Marie, you'll have to post a picture of Sarah wearing her tiara so we can match the wine glass. :)

Mamba, I think I need to wear a rubber band on my wrist and pop it every time I flinch...I'm sure that would help! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 03:09:33 pm »
Perhaps a jock strap Greg ;D Yooouuccchhhh ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 06:56:13 pm »
Perhaps a jock strap Greg  Yooouuccchhhh

Dana, on second thought...I think I'll just keep the target panic. ;D
Greg

Offline DanaM

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2007, 09:35:28 pm »
There's always something worse eh Greg ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 03:29:39 pm »
I can't concentrate for much shooting targets, and that leads poor shooting and subsequently bad form, or vice versa ;D

I tryed to make my target shooting a bit more challenging/fun and more close to hunting shooting.

this is how I set up my target range,

with a big backstop of sand, or bales or something similar, I get 1/2 dozen tennis balls and string them either hunging from trees or a rope tied to 2 points if there's nothing to attach them from, every tennis ball is at a different hight, this make every shot a new target, use blunts so they fall to the ground and they are not in the way (you can shoot dozens of arrows at a time like this)

when you connect it's really a satifying  sound ;D, and now is the fun part, after you hit a ball you have a moving target, this is great practice, you have to concentrate so much that you have no time to overthink your shot.

I can get hours of fun shooting targets this way, when usually I get bored after 1/2 dozen arrows on a normal target, even 3D

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 03:57:45 pm »
Manny, I do a similar thing with a single magnolia seed pod hanging from a rigid conduit frame. Shooting at that moving target really does help with your concentration and learning the flight of your arrow.    Pat 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 08:18:28 pm »
   If you want to have fun.find a field and blow up a bunch of ballons and tie them.Then throw them out all over at different yardages and let the wind move them around while you shoot.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 08:41:20 am »

I had a visitor yesterday evening at my practice session. I've got grape vines in my back yard and had a doe come running across the yard to eat grape leaves. She got within 15 yards of me at one point...had some nice lookin' back straps on her the best I could tell. ;)
Greg

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2007, 08:42:43 pm »

I'm knocking on wood while typing this...but I think I might be making some progress with my shooting. :) Don't really know what is helping, most likely just a lot of practicing. Although I'm still flinching some at full draw, I can tell that it's not as often or violent here lately.

I'm hopeful... ;)
Greg

Offline DanaM

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 09:00:35 pm »
Greg did Marie give ya some advice? ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 08:25:55 am »
No, but I'm sure she could advise me on shooting as well as field dressing a deer!
Greg

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 11:49:05 am »
I have LOTS of good advice!   ;D  But I have no wine on my front porch  >:( .  So all I will say is "buy low sell high" ! ;D  That's all your getting for now!  ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.