Author Topic: [Search:Literature] The Penobscot War Bow. Gordon M Day. Contribu...  (Read 2494 times)

Pyromir

currently i'm searching for all available information about the "Penobscot Bow". There are many stories around, telling about Frank (Francis) T. Loring (Big Thunder, Bedagi) as the original inventor of the penobscot bow design as we know it (double bow as shown in many threads here at PA and other boards related to trad-bows).

Also i've found some pictures of a exhibit (replica?) of a "original penobscot" bow, which shows a more or less common design without the characteristica commonly shown for the penobscot. Trying to gather even more informations, i would appreciate, if somebody can help me with:

• The Penobscot War Bow. Gordon M Day. Contributions to Canadian Ethnology 1975

maybe as a scan? Other source, prints, pics are also very welcome.

Also, there are informations to find about the Micmac-tribe as inventors of a double-bow. Here i'am also looking for informations, maybe historical source, prints, pics and the like.
So, thanks in advance, even for your patience reading this and please pardon me for my sometimes humble language abillities

Kind regards from northern Germany
Marc