Author Topic: Hunting with an English Style Longbow  (Read 10365 times)

~JM~

Hunting with an English Style Longbow
« on: June 07, 2007, 12:33:20 am »
Just wondering, anyone using an ELB to hunt with?  I'm interested in learning what game you're hunting and have had success with.

Thanks.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hunting with an English Style Longbow
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 02:16:27 am »
I have hunted with an ELB style bow. Mostly from a tree stand. Never took game with it.
   An ELB style bow, or any longer bow will be more accurate to shoot but most consider it too long for tree stand hunting.
 Howard Hill, The Thompson Bros, Pope and Young all hunted with ELB style bows.                      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 05:42:18 am »
I did take game with 2 ELB's.a few mongoose, a pig and a ferral dog

and my current hunting bow is one of those ELB, just piked ;D...hope to have a chance at a pig in the near future
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline boo

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 03:46:57 pm »
i hunted a few years with a 68'' howard hill big five and most of my hunting is in a tree. i did manage to harvest one deer with it and missed a few others. i tried to always get on top of the deer for a shorter shot and found out i was hurting myself. inside 15 yards and 20 feet up a tree isnt a good combo for me with a long bow. but around 20-25 yrds was just rite.and on the ground i couldnt tell the difference between a short or long bow. but i did shoot the long bow better. bobby
Boo