Author Topic: Couple of Survival Trinkets  (Read 2191 times)

Offline 4est Trekker

Couple of Survival Trinkets
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:37:24 am »
I got bored this afternoon, so here's what I came up with.  The first is a bow drill that fits in my shirt pocket.  It uses the Egyptian bow drill method of securing the string to the drill, which is much easier and more forgiving of various bow designs.  My little ones were pleased to have a fire to roast their mallows on.

Here's a couple of survival cord bracelets I made.  I've always wanted one, but never took the time how to do a cobra weave until today.  The smaller one has 8' of 200# test line while the larger is double woven and has 22'.   In case you've not seen these on the Internet, they are designed to be unraveled and used in the event of an emergency.     

"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Couple of Survival Trinkets
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:28:03 am »
Cool stuff 4est. Will you show the drill in action. I have a few fire kits but not comfortable with any. I'd like to try the drill and like the take down model. The length of the bow has prevented me from adapting it.
  Happy kids. Always a good thing!  ;)   The bracelets are way cool too. great way to store survival cordage.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC