Author Topic: simple but elegant  (Read 22906 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: simple but elegant
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 06:29:06 pm »
Borrowed a bit of the wife's lingerie, perhaps?
Nope it was his Tarzan suit.  ;D

Wrapping paper. Lilly
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:43:51 pm by Lily Pulitzer »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Gordon

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 06:32:35 pm »
Looks like silk.
Gordon

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 07:06:59 pm »
gift tissue paper, the kind that you put in a gift bag to hide the present... ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 07:13:16 pm »
Wifes silk stockings in leapord skin pattern?
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 09:11:39 pm »
Leave it to Marie to spoil everything! ;D  Yep, It's tissue paper with animal print on it. I have leopard, zebra, tiger, giraffe and cow. My wife is an artist and lately she's been playing around with paper mache. She was ordering some colored tissue paper from an art and craft supplier when she saw the animal print and brought it to my attention. :o   
    I cut two 2" wide strips, sized the bows back with TBIII and laid it down.  The problem with tissue paper is once it gets wet it gets real fragile and tears at the lease provocation. With the irregular back on this bow the wrinkles were hard to get out.
   I will post more pics and the info about this bow this weekend.      Pat   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 09:20:13 pm »
What do I win?  What do I win?  ;D  ;D I might have some thoughts on how so keep it from tearing.  Another thing to think about with tissue is to buy the bleeding kind.  You can lay it down on paper...I use light colored construction paper but i bet it would work on wood and you paint it with water.  Then after the water permeates the tissue you lift up the tissue leaving the dye.  The colors bleed giving it a watercolored look.  My guess is the kind you used, Pat, is non-bleeding.  If you try the bleeding kind practice on paper and a wood sample before doing it and remember it will always come out lighter than the color you choose.  Makes for great valentine's cards for kids to make!  ;D
Do I sound like a mom or a pre-school teacher?  ;)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 10:07:22 pm »
Cool idea, bet you'll get a bunch of copycats on this one
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 11:59:10 pm »
Man I should listen to my wife. She told me it was tissue papper.   She saw someone modpodge a storage trunk with the alligator print to make it look like a gator skinned trunk.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 12:29:58 am »
There is  a lesson in that...wife right :) wife right  :) wife right  ;D  just keep reminding yourself every day all day long and your life, justin, will get much better than it is already!!! :D

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 12:42:15 am »
                              Oh Please !.....Scheesch ;D............."non"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 12:43:24 am »
Marie, For guessing correctly you win my respect and admiration! ;)
  Lily...I mean Justin, Listen to what Marie tells you. It will make life easier.  ;D  You can tell how perceptive she is just by the way she picked the correct answer. ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 12:44:03 am »
Poor Bob (non) his life will never be as good as Justin's if Justin is smart enough to take my advice.   :'( I bet Pappy would back me up on this and look he has a thread called "life is good" plus Joanie lets him play all weekend in his shop!!  He ain't no dummy! ;D

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 12:49:59 am »
   I repeat, Oh please............. scheesch ! ;D Btw I think "wife right", "wife right", "wife right" is called "henpecked" ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D..............bob (non)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 01:08:04 am »
I thought non was an Eastern Indian(from India) flat bread. ::)    Pat

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 01:51:03 am »
I promised I wouldn't give him a hard time but since he seems so opposed to the whole "wife is right" campaign....Bob sent me a pm about t-shirt and when he went to sign Bob he accidentally hit Non...maybe it was a freudian slip or something... :o  But he obviously has a great sense of humor (either that or just types really badly) he continues to sign Non with a smile of course. :D