Author Topic: 2011 Tenn Classic Picture thread  (Read 20041 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
2011 Tenn Classic Picture thread
« on: April 29, 2011, 02:55:36 pm »
I know it's early in asking, but this is driving me nuts not being there.  Someone has to have taken some pictures already??  Let's get the posting going for all of us that are not there.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: 2011 Tenn Classic Picture thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:06 am »
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc. ::) ;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:53:53 pm »
We just got back a couple of hours ago.  Wow, what a great time.  This was my first Classic, and I'm sure it won't be my last.  I met a lot of great people, did some trading, flung some arrows, and spent some time watching and learning in the knapping pit.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »
Outlaw, I seen you sitting round the pit but didn't get a chance to talk. Tried to meet as many as possible but spent most of my time with Keenan or just nosing around. This was my first year and won't be my last for sure.

Great event, My new favorite for sure.

Stiks
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:08 pm »
Outlaw, I seen you sitting round the pit but didn't get a chance to talk. Tried to meet as many as possible but spent most of my time with Keenan or just nosing around. This was my first year and won't be my last for sure.

Great event, My new favorite for sure.

Stiks

We will have to meet up next year.  I didn't get to spend as much time at the pit as I wanted to.  I brought home some rocks and tools so hopefully next year I will know a little more and can actually make something.

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:37 am »
Outlaw i'm in about the same boat. I picked up a few tools and some rock while I was there. I went down to the pit late saturday night about midnight and learned a little. Probably just enough to be dangerous LOL

I'm going for a week next year, Can't wait!
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 02:12:11 am »
Sorry we didn't get to hang out amigo it was a busy weekend lol if you want we can work on the trade we didn't get to do when I get home I have some hides left over and lots of scrotem sacks
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 02:22:00 am »

Here are a few il post more when I get home
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 09:14:25 am »
Dont ask haha :)
Mililani Hawaii

JustinNC

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 09:37:23 am »
I saw a lot of odd things this weekend, and missed that.....

Those peaches were fantastic though!

Clint it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your son. Atleast in the pic with me, I LOOK like I knew what I was talking about haha.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 12:07:29 pm »
Thanks for the lesson Justin.  Hopefully next year I will have learned a few things. 

You know you had a good time when you talk all the way home about going back next year.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »
Got back late last night. What a great classic. I didn't do hardly a thing there except socialize. But I gotta tell you it was a great classic. It sure was great to see all the old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks to those who took my girl under their wing and taught her to play her flute 'by ear'. She is still talking about that.

Also thanks to those (art any the rest of the club) that make the really cool trophys. No way I was winning one but my girl will be talking about her's for months to come. She was so proud of making second place in the Girls cub shoot.

And thanks Jessie... for assisting with spinnin a fire for the boy scout troop when my arms felt like they were gonna fall off..
You were right... there is some powerful medicine in 'makin fire' together :)

I could go on and on. the rest of ya I didnt mention dont feel left out.. Was awesome to see ya as well or meet you as the case may be. It sure was a good classic . The weather even cooperated with us... Think this was my best classic ever. I am seriously depressed to be back at work and reality and the realization that it will be another year until I see some of y'all.
Well hang in there. Take care and see y'all next year.

Man what a classic... Thanks again to all the folks of the TN Bow club for putting together one heck of an event.
Good memories.

Some foto-s....on the way as soon as I can find my camera cord.......
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:38:29 pm by n2everythg »
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:49:19 pm »
Its always good to see ya Wade.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 01:35:24 pm »
Congrats to Kate from me, Wade. I knew she would score!!!  8) It was great to see both of you again and look forward to July to see you again.
  Jesse, the "hat" is perfect for you.   :D  ;)  It was great to see and talk to your Dad again too. He is such a great guy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

JustinNC

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 02:19:30 pm »
Something I realized......the look on your dad's face is priceless in that one picture Jesse..........a "that sure as hell aint my boy" kind of look.