Author Topic: TN Classic births a new convert  (Read 2051 times)

Offline hedgeapple

TN Classic births a new convert
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:56 pm »
My wife, Schuy (Sky) came with me to the Classic.  She's always supported my bow building.  But was not interested in shooting a bow.  Well, she walked the course with GMC and I, and thought it looked like too much fun.  Half way through she asked is I had a bow she could shoot.  Well, I did have one that just need finishing, but I didn't bring a string for it with me or have any arrows that would match it.  Saturday AM I made a string and purchased some cheap, used arrows from a vender.  After a bit a practice on the range we headed to the practice course.  She had a blast and shot quite well hitting one 12 ring and two 10 rings.  She only missed 5 of the 20 and then hit 2 of those with a second arrow.  She said we should build a 3D course on our farm.

I'm just finishing up a 40#@ 26" osage bow that's going to her bow.  It'll be about 35# at her draw length.

Thanks Pappy and everyone involve and who attended.  This is going to be an annual trip.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline seabass

Re: TN Classic births a new convert
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:25:07 am »
man that is great.i just got home from there today.i had such a great time.i got there wendsday and left about 10 this morning.it is always good to get a new person interested in our sport.i met so many great people at this shoot.i think a few are going to be lifetime friends.great people like all of you is what draws me to this.thanks everyone,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 01:24:18 am »
too cool hedgeapple, that is a blessing for sure. problem now is who gets dibs on the archery fund. Good luck! :D
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:27:06 am »
Really cool!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »
I witnessed a lot of new Converts, this year. The fun at the Classic is contagious.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 11:13:28 pm »
Thanks everyone for allowing me to share the joy with you.  Eric, what "archery funds"?  This is primitive archery, don't we just made our toys from what we find in nature.
But, thinking about there are a few costs:
gas
chain saw,
files, scrapers...
the new workshop
table saw, band saw, drill press, radial saw
got get belt sander.  haha
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:17:10 pm »
....all that for a cheap, home made bow. 

And when people ask me how long it takes me to build a bow, I tell 'em 8 years and 40 hours.  The 8 years to learn how to do it in the 40 hours.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 11:22:01 pm »
Yep hedge those costs.  Plus the wood you can't get in your neck-o-the-woods that costs...etc.etc.etc. :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 12:14:18 am »
chainsaw $250
gas $4 gl
files $50+
table saw $200
time spent with someone yu love in the woods

priceless  ;)

not great of cost if you ask me

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd