Author Topic: Not primitive but i think a good buy.  (Read 3199 times)

Offline Archer46176

Not primitive but i think a good buy.
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »
 Went to a swap meet today and found a guy selling older broadheads. He had 20 Ben Pearson glue ons from about 1975. Not sure what the name is but they are kind of a gold flake color. In decent shape a little rust on some of them but not major rust. I got 20-21 of them for 30.00 he had some older ones and had alot of variety but these caught my eye as there were almost 2 dozen of them. He had a box full he was asking 20.00 each for that were mostly Dead Heads.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Not primitive but i think a good buy.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:41:26 am »
Was he asking $20 for the box of Deadheads or $20 a piece? He's dreaming if it is for one Deadhead, or I'm richer than I thought. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Archer46176

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »
He was asking 20.00 per braodhead. I thought it was a little ridiculous myself unless he was calling them deadheads and they weren't... They were def old and they were large I didn't get that good of a look at them because when he said 20.00 each I let him keep them in his truck... He said well if you are a collector you will want to see them, I said I am a user brother they are gonna get used up, lost, and broken... He said you realize these are old right? I said yep thats why I wanna use them...lol
   Most of the people at this swap meet think everything is plated in gold or is pure gold even if it is junk so i was lucky I think to get a good deal on these. i will post pics when I can.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:14:47 pm »
Tell him I got a plastic 2 quart coke bottle with a hemispherical bottom I'll trade him for that box of Deadheads.  Late 80's, very rare because nobody saved 'em!

Amazing what some people want for their junk at swap meets!  But I think you did pretty good for the Ben Pearsons, good work.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.