Author Topic: Death in MD  (Read 2159 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Death in MD
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:25:03 pm »
    After another week in WV and it was great no kills but I saw a lot of birds. Monday 3 long beards all 40 and 50 yards. Wed. 8 jakes same ones I'd saw last week then it was 12. Again they circled me at 30 yards. Friday I took my son BRIER 11 He took his youth 20 gauge. We saw 4 long beards 2 different gobblers came in side of 50 yards but the hay was 3 feet in some places and they disapeared. The other 2 were across the field and would'nt even look our way.

Saturday me and a freind went to Md. Its only 10 mins. away.  We set up on a bird gobbleing on the roost. We got between him and the his field on and old trackor road. I got across the road from him. He gobbled once at my 2 clucks and struted and drumed down the road to us. At the spot we'd picked I purred he turned to me and his ZWICKY DID A PASS THROUGH he never left the road. 10 yard shot out of a 60# recuve he made. His 4 th with a recurve.
    22 Pounds 10 1/2 inch beard 1 1/8 spurrs. Only bird we heard only gobbled once on the ground. We were none by 7:45 almost beat the rain. ALMOST
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Death in MD
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:23:15 pm »
Great story and sounds like a sweet bird. Congrat's to your friend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?