Author Topic: Big Colored Novaculite Knife for trade...Want buckskins  (Read 6547 times)

Offline Will H

Big Colored Novaculite Knife for trade...Want buckskins
« on: May 20, 2011, 03:25:33 pm »
Hey there! Im working on a bow from some really old osage posts. The color of this stuff is really something...its just begging for some copperhead skins. Problem is I dont have any big enough. My limbs are 1 1/2" W and I need them at least 28". Im also in the market for a brain tanned deer skin big enough to make a plains style quiver with some left over for handle material. Here are some pics of the knives up for trade. They are 12" overall w/ 7"blades from colored Novaculite and rainbow obsidian. Just to be clear...1 knife = two copperheads / 1 knife = one buckskin....Send me a PM if your interested.  :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:24:10 pm by Will H »
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline stickbender

Re: Big Stone Knife for trade...Need copperheads and buckskins
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:05:35 pm »

Will, those are beautiful! :o :o  Pappy should be burning up the keys, just as soon as he sees this! ;)

Wayne

Offline Will H

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:13 pm »
Thanks Wayne! I sure hope he does! ;D
           Clarksville, Tennessee

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 03:19:33 am »
PM sent ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Will H

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 10:20:56 pm »
OBSIDIAN KNIFE TRADED  :) I got some skins now...anybody want to trade a buckskin for the novaculite blade? I might also trade it for some tanned beavertail, a yew stave, or some rock if its pretty workable...Make me an offer ;D ;D ;D
           Clarksville, Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

Re: Big Colored Novaculite Knife for trade...Want buckskins
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 05:10:49 am »
Pappy's out of Copper Head skins, I know cause I needed a pair..   ;D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 08:42:22 am »
No skins ,but them are some beautiful knives.  :) Did you make them ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 05:48:56 pm »

Well Pappy, you better get out there, and start beating those bushes! ;)  You already missed one knife! :o  Send him a tanned hide, some rock, something, before the other knife is gone! ;)  Well Will, I thought for sure Pappy would have jumped all over those knives, but being as how he is out of skins, I guess there isn't much he can do except drool. ;D  But,.....maybe he will have a stave hanging around the place, that you might be interested in. ;)
     Ok, Will, that is about all I can do for now, I tried.  I wish I had something to trade.  Ok, let me guess, That Texican Cipriano sent you a bunch of skins!
that sly dog! ;D  Not that he had to scour the country to find any!  AND he has free child labor to pick up the snakes, and help skin them, "AND" gets free chicken eggs to boot! ;D  Pappy, looks like you've been "Snaked"!!! ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 06:55:24 pm »
Stickbender,

How did you know?? Lucky guess???  That is true.... Not to hard work for me to get em ::) ::)  I put the word out and they just "come in."  Oh Diego has a fit if I dont let him help outl.  He says, "I'm the best skinning buddy you got.  I'm good at it."   ;)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 07:09:32 pm »

Well it wasn't too difficult to figure out.  I saw your post where you told Will you sent a PM, so....2 + 2=.........Well, I am glad that you are not letting Diego down on your skinning abilities.  I will have to see if I have any snake skinning sized knives left, and send him one. ;)

Wayne

Offline Will H

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 07:49:30 pm »
Yeah stickbender, Cipriano is sending me a couple copperheads...they should be here any day now.  ;D To answer your question pappy...Yes, I made both knives a while back from a couple 8" slabs I got from Craig Ratzat at Neolithics.com and some antler sheds I found around the St. Francis River here in AR. As for you not having anymore skins to trade...I was browsing through your Life is good thread and noticed you put together some real nice steel knives! Id definatley trade knife for knife. I havent had a good hunting blade in a long time :) :) :)
           Clarksville, Tennessee

Offline stickbender

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 10:09:54 pm »

If Pappy doesn't reply, I have some knives that will flat out shave you right out of the box!  :o Just ask Eddie (Mullet).  Ask Michael C the Flute maker.  Anywho, if Pappy doesn't take you up on it, I have a very light, and very sharp knife.  ;) 

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:37:48 am »
Don't have what he needs or I would have jumped on it for sure.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 05:33:41 am »

Pappy, I just got a PM from Will, and he is looking for hand made hunting knife.  You should have one or two lying around..... ;D
     I have one I made along time ago, but I want to hang on to it.  Otherwise I would try to trade him.  If you don't have one handy, whip one up this weekend.... ;D

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 09:51:45 am »
O I got the knives ,just don't have any sheaths for them,not much on leather work.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good