Author Topic: Cody's build along (finished pictures page 6 full draw added)  (Read 52093 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: Cody's build along
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2007, 03:27:30 pm »
I've enjoyed this thread, can't wait to see him shooting the finished product, sure seems like he's loving the work. My son is 14 and girls have his attention, he'll be back.
VB

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2007, 04:08:46 pm »

Keep up the good work Cody with dad's assistance...the bow's lookin' great so far! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Kegan

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2007, 07:49:29 pm »
I've enjoyed this thread, can't wait to see him shooting the finished product, sure seems like he's loving the work. My son is 14 and girls have his attention, he'll be back.
VB

I dunno- he's only 14, curves will grab his attention whether they're on a bow or a girl. Get him now before he gets to 16 or 17 ;D!

Dustybaer

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2007, 05:14:07 am »
can't turn the back on you for a minute  ;D  what a great thread.  justin, you're a good man (i don't care what the others say)  ;D.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2007, 10:18:32 am »
Hey Marius, your back.  We are having a lot of fun.  Cody is taking it nice and slow now.  He is scraping and smoothing and sanding.  You know how time consuming that is.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2007, 10:30:05 am »
I can't wait to see the finished bow, and the look of pride on his face when he completes it.  Great job, Cody!
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2007, 06:55:20 am »
What happened to this one justin,we been waiting to see,get to hot out there.More time
in the pool and not enough time scraping,if your pool is like mine it is like bath water. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2007, 09:01:46 am »
You read my mind Pappy I was wonderin what happened also, hope Cody didn't discover girls ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2007, 09:32:35 am »
Ya thats what happened to my son Beau.I hope he will get over it but I don't know. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2007, 10:05:59 am »
Been working on it a little.  But he is taking hunter safety.  That is eating up a lot of his time.  He is at the scraping wood off stage.  I don't want to push him to much at this stage.  It is the hardest for me to stay motivated, so I can imagine what he is thinking.   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 10:34:33 am »
I here ya,building bows ant a horse race. :) It is hard when you scrape for 15 min. and don't see any differences and then do it again. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

tradrick

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 12:09:45 pm »
This is a great thread.Justin your building memories with him he'll never forget.And it don't get any better than that.It also shows how good of a father you must be.Tell Cody to keep up the good work and he'll soon expierence the thrill of slinging a arrow from something he built himself.And that is a great feeling.tradrick

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 12:41:49 pm »
Coming along nicely. I'm sure he will make a fine bow with your help
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 03:12:01 pm »
Thanks tradrick, I think being a good father is the best compliment I can receive. 
Thanks Marc, I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Part of the problem is that I am the Hunter Safety instructor.   :o I am trying to get through before school starts, and work gets in the way of my schedule.  Justin

SW Utah

jamie

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 06:56:22 pm »
very cool just came up from the basement with the kids . they were scraping at theirs for an hour or so. your boys doing great. peace