Author Topic: Cody's build along (finished pictures page 6 full draw added)  (Read 51826 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Cody's build along
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 03:34:13 pm »
OK, Cody is back to work on his bow today.  First thing on the agenda today was to rasp the stave and clean it up.  Then he used heat flatten the limb in a couple of places.  I don't know if you can see it very well, but there was about 15-20 degrees of propeller in each limb.  Cody heated the limb, and I helped him with the clamping.  Now he says it is lunch time.  Sounds like Greg doesn't he.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 03:39:10 pm »
Hey Pappy, I have one of those too. Maybe I can grow up to be like you after all.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 06:41:20 pm »
Lookin' good.  He's getting a taste of everything that goes into a bow.

The kids make their own arrows, or at least they paint the shafts.  They're happy to let me finish, fletch and glue on tips and nocks.  Alex has helped with fletching and lacquer dipping.  I'll play the bowmaking thing by ear.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline DanaM

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 06:50:40 pm »
Way to go Cody its gonna be one sweet bow. Make sure to aim at yer dads nocks when shoot, he likes that ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 06:56:06 pm »
  Or aim at othr things that might get a rise ouyta yer dad ! ;D.......bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2007, 06:31:40 am »
That boy is coming along,looking good.Good looking dog to.Is it a male,I'm looking for a good Man for Sadie.I know yall are having fun and kids learn so fast it amazes me. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2007, 08:56:01 am »
Now he says it is lunch time.  Sounds like Greg doesn't he.  Justin

Cody and I have a lot in common...we're both hard workers and have to keep our strength up! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 09:49:23 am »
Thanks guys, Cody sure is working hard. It makes him feel good when I show him the kind words you all have written. 
Dana and Bob, don't encourage him. I already loose enough arrows to split knocks when I shoot with my kids.
Pappy, this is Millie. If I had only known, I would have brought you a male to the Classic.  She had 13 puppies and the last one left the Friday I was at your place. I had everything from yellow to brown brindle (tiger stripes).  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 10:24:49 am »
Keep me in mind if you have some more,I just love Sadie,don't know if all or like her or if it is because she has been brought up with Hanna or lab but she sure is sweet,lot better with people
than my old RedBones were,Greg use to say they demand respect and they did.Tell That boy to keep up the good work and maybe he can make it to the Classic someday and compete in the selfbow challenge,looks like he has a good start.Might even show him a Whitetail or 2. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 12:23:38 pm »
I told Cody he can come with me to Tenn. next year.  He and Alex both want to go hunting with me. They need to work up their draw weight a little.

Millie is all business when it comes to hunting time.  But she will love you to death the rest of the time. Sweet is definitely the word I would use.  I got rid of my hounds for the curs. I have several. They are much smarter and more personable. I would recommend them to anyone, especially if they have kids.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 12:33:49 pm »
Love to meet them,and I agree about the dogs. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jpitts

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2007, 03:49:07 pm »
Hi Justin,
I'm really enjoying this thread. Cody , your doing great. wish I had started at your age. BTW, you should be safe as long as theres no chickens....I shot one with my first bow...Momma tore me up. I'll never forget it.  ;D
Thanks for letting us be there....
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline heavybow

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2007, 01:08:01 pm »
 What a great thread. marlon

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2007, 01:17:00 pm »
Looks like he's doing a fine job so far. It's shaping up to be a nice bow.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2007, 02:08:31 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement for Cody. He is doing a great job for sure.  I have to keep reminding myself he is only 10 and needs a break to play.  I certainly don't want him to get burned out or discouraged.  We are having a great time at it.  ;) Justin

SW Utah