Author Topic: yard sale find ---re-finshed with new pictures  (Read 4299 times)

Offline thomas h

Re: yard sale find
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 01:53:04 am »
thanks for the pic of your wham-o  maby  mine isn't a wham o after all   ???

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »
I want one like that.. I love great yard sale finds!!!
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 04:31:45 pm »

Like Eddie, I had one in shop class, but it had the aluminum prod.  It finally broke.  I made a really nice stock for it, and the shop teacher was impressed.  So was someone else, I came back to finish it, and it was gone.  So I had to make another one, but not as nice.  I wasn't all that impressed with speed of the arrows though.  I shot regular arrows out of it, so that could be a reason for that.
Aluminum just wasn't a great idea for a bow.  it was some sort of alloy or something.  That was in 66 or 67, when no one went into fanatical panic mode, and had everyone in counseling, and psych treatment, at the sight of a kid walking to the bus with a crossbow. ;)  Back before Dr. Spock told parents not to spank their children.

Wayne

Offline thomas h

Re: yard sale find ---re-finshed with new pictures
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 02:16:47 pm »

i re-finished the cross-bow what do you  think of it? ;D