Author Topic: look up!  (Read 2064 times)

Offline H Rhodes

look up!
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:55:31 pm »
  Heard a funny story the other day about one of my wife's cousins who is a dedicated deer hunter.  Last season here in south Alabama (God's country!), he set out for his treestand before day light.  He crept silently to his stand and eased up the steps and got into position.  As the sun rose he noticed a fresh pile of droppings on the stand's platform.  He looked above him and saw a bobcat sitting in the tree about fifteen feet above the stand!!  The cat was as high as he could go and had that "What the hell do we do now?"  look on his face.  Cousin decides to climb down as fast as he can....scared the @#!! out of him.  It occurs to him once he is on the ground that perhaps he could shoot the bobcat.  I guess the bobcat got tired of watching these events unfold and jumped to another tree and left the area, post haste.  No animal or human was harmed in this incident!  I would have given a thousand bucks to have seen it.  They told this for the truth.  I will be looking  "up" more this season.  Y'all take care.   H.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline nclonghunter

Re: look up!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:55:12 pm »
When you look up keep your mouth closed and wear safety glasses...

I was once sitting at the base of a tree with a friend and we were hunting black birds. We were young and had a BB gun. I looked up and saw a bird that had flown in undetected. I nudged my friend and said a bird was above us. He of course looked up then coughed a little. I looked at him and he took a direct hit of bird crap right in the mouth and lips. I laughed my butt off and he got made, like I meant for it to happen...true story
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline jham

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 05:16:23 am »
reminds me of a story my dad told me, he was hunting with some friends years ago and had a bobcat climb up the tree he was in. He said he put the 30-06 on its chest and just waited, it decided it didnt want to climb that tree after all. I have never had anything like that happen to me but it does happen.

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 02:04:46 pm »
The powers of observation will do you well.
Johnny
in Texas