Linked Events

• Elm Hall Stick Bow: August 05, 2011 - August 07, 2011

Author Topic: Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow shoot....its a goodin'!  (Read 18482 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow shoot....its a goodin'!
« on: June 10, 2011, 12:12:13 pm »
  TRADITIONAL ARCHERY SHOOT

August is traditional archery time at the Pine River Recreation Club in Elm Hall, Michigan. Located on 135 acres just nine miles west of Alma, Michigan, the Pine River Recreation Club is hosting its 22nd annual Stick Bow Shoot on August 5, 6 & 7, 2011.

Over the years the Stick Bow Shoot has become THE premier summer traditional archery event in Michigan and with good reason! The Stick Bow Shoot features Pine River Recreation Club’s famous hospitality, free primitive camping, campfires, great company and a super, FREE meal for campers on Saturday night featuring roast pork, venison, sweet corn, fire baked potatoes, a fish fry and more!

There are 28 3-D targets, including life size elk and caribou, in a realistic, wooded setting, that take the traditional archer through almost 1 mile of shooting situations and there is a 14 target broadhead course for traditional archers that love to shoot broadheads! Sorry - shooting is limited to recurve and longbows only. We also have the 2nd annual Kill Switch Tournament that a lot of people are talking about and are excited to shoot again, when the lights go out!                 

Admission for the entire weekend is only $25.00 for singles and $45.00 for families with children under 18 years of age and children 11 & under shoot free when accompanied by an adult. All admission fees include unlimited shooting on either target range. That’s right - UNLIMITED SHOOTING!

It’s hard to describe just how much fun this event is but there are participants that have been attending for the past 20 years, which says it all! Registration is available from 12:00 noon on Friday, August 5th, 2011, through 2:30 P.M. on Sunday, August 7th, 2011.

For more information call Brian Rockafellow at 989-833-2430 evenings or email to brockafellow@liquipak.com or call Brent Singer at 989-436-1075 evenings or emial to singerbrent@cmsinter.net.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:56:06 pm by Calendargirl »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow shoot....its a goodin'!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:02:24 pm »
Yep it is a good one, We should have a bunch of new targets to shoot also this year,they have bought one of the ranges from the IBO world,they will be down to the shoot in July to pick them up,me and at least 3 more plan on the trip North, so The Classic/IBO world and Elm Hall I will get to see this rowdy bunch 3 times this year.Very Cool. Great bunch of folks even if they are Yanks. ;) ;D ;D
Who knows they might even have there arrow back to show us the way around the course. Long story on that one. ;) :) :) :)   
   Pappy
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:16:52 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 02:32:19 pm »
Nice pics Pappy! We need to be sure to meet up and swap bow building stories. I will be there all weekend helping out and of coursing shooting.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 02:44:39 pm »
Pappy....I just might get to see you and the Bunch once more this Year...I normally take my Vacation around the beginning of August...so...I may have to see about swinging through that Neck of the Woods...it's way out of my Way towards Upper Michigan...but it may be worth the trip....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:33:08 pm »
We are only 10 miles west of the "main drag" heading north. I promise the 3d course alone will be well worth the trouble of coming across. Its the best I have shot.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 05:47:22 pm »
                                      It's like 600 miles longer for Me to go through that way...It better be Good............ :P........ ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 10:11:18 am »
Great news Mike,We will be there from Wed. evening till Sunday morning. It is a lot of fun for sure.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 10:57:48 pm »
Sounds like this one is the one to attend for us MI folks...I hope to see you all there!

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline John W. Cooper

• Bronze Bow Archery
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 12:04:00 am »
There's no way that I'll EVER miss this shoot!  I'll have to dip out for a couple hours since I'm playing in the Lansing Jazz Festival on Saturday, but I'll be there.  I might even bring my stave press and a tiller tree.  Who knows what'll happen?  ;D

John
It is God who arms me with strength
   and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
   he causes me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
   my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
~Psalm 18:32-34

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 08:44:37 pm »
Im setting my camp up on Tuesday, just west of the club house where it says "Reserved for Pappy". I can use that sign to get my fire started!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 10:51:24 am »
  >:( :o;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 02:21:03 pm »
Im just messing with you Pappy. I will weed whack it for you so its nice and clean when you get there. I am helping Brian and Brent set up this year. I cant wait!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you Pearl Drums.  My good friend Marty and myself will be setting up a bow building tent for the shoot.  We spoke with Brent or Brian about a month ago about it.  Can't wait to meet some of you fellas that I haven't had the pleasure of in the past. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 01:55:29 pm »
That was Brian you spoke with, he is a good guy. You guys are going to have a riot at this shoot. Its very laid back with plenty of room to roam and camp. I will swing by for sure and check out your set up. I love watching somebody else chase rings and peel bark off!

Offline JEB

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 10:29:38 am »
Saturday night FOOD FEST is worth the price of admission.  It is a really good weekend.  The range is a good one with a lot of laughter heard all over the range. The folks that put this shoot on really do a great job and go out of there way to make everyone feel at home.

Been reading Pappys thread.  Going to have to look him up and thank him for the good read.