Linked Events

• Elm Hall Stick Bow: August 05, 2011 - August 07, 2011

Author Topic: Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow shoot....its a goodin'!  (Read 18484 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: Elm Hall, MI Stick Bow shoot....its a goodin'!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 10:59:33 am »
Will do Pappy, I look forward to meeting you and others as well.

Thanks~
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 11:04:06 am »
There are campers already set up and relaxing guys! Hopefully I get up there wednesday night for a bit for a cold few and visit before its gets too "busy". Hey Lee if you still want some wood other than osage, bring a stave along and will bring some hackberry and white ash with me to swap you.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 11:11:36 am »
Sounds good PD.
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 01:55:24 am »
Heading up Thursday.  Should be up early afternoon.  Who knows, maybe I'll "work from home" and leave a bit early!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 09:56:11 am »
Sounds good Matt. I was out there working last night and Pappy made his way safely here. He is all set up and ready to go! I spoke briefly with him but plan on having a full blown bow building conversation before the weekend is done. The long course is just amazing! Bring old shoes or boots! The grounds are in perfect shape for camping and hanging out.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »
Well finely I got things worked out at the last minute. Ill be leaving tomorrow morn and be up early afternoon tomorrow.

Im down for some full blown bow building discussion. Lol. Last weekend me n hickorybill were at etar and sitting eating snacks talking bows and before we knew it, it was two hours later before we looked at the clock again.  :laugh:   actually it was non stop talking bows for two days straight.

Looking forward to coming up.....Chris

P.s.  ill bring some yew billet wood for trade for some yeller wood.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 03:59:46 pm »
Chris my camp is all the way to the east of the grounds, purpely colored Dodge Ram and an Eddie Bauer domer. I will have a back quiver with boo shafts and natural feathers, probably a skinned osage or hackberry bow. Im 6' 1" 210# with a short beard. I usually have a tan colored floppy hat on as well. I want to meet as many of the PA guys as I can, just gotta figure out who is who.

blackhawk

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »
Sounds good man. Ill find y'all. Ill be in (what Lee calls) the shagging wagon. Lol. Super duty ford 12 passenger maroon van. And ya wont be able to miss me with a prego wife n three kids in tow. Lol.

Maybe we can get all the PA guys gathered up and go for a round and shoot and see who's the best selfbow shooter. Hahahaha....not me.

See yins there....Chris

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 04:30:35 pm »
 >:D  Yup, ye olde' Shaggin' wagon

~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 10:31:40 am »
I didnt make it back out to the club last night to work, had some donation arrows to finish off for our auction. A buddy of mine said it was getting full fast already! This promises to be the best yet. Weather and bugs are no issue. We walked all over wednesday night trimming, hanging signs and setting targets and I think I swatted one skeeter the whole time. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 07:33:52 am »
Great soot and great time,Thanks to all you folks for Treating us TN. boys so good. :) We will be back next year. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 10:02:38 am »
Me and my fam def had a blast. A bunch of great guys up that way. Unfortunetly I didn't take many photos cus I was having toooo much fun to stop and take a photo.

Hey Pappy...I know you took some. How about posting some up?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 11:36:06 am »
The best part for me was meeting all you guys from here, second has to be the food. Where else can you camp for a weekend and only need to bring one meal with you? Thats what Im talking about! Of course the 3d ranges were great as well, I loved that long course. Pappy....................you still owe me a round mister! I was soo busy BS'ing I only shot a few hundred arrows all weekend.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 11:43:27 am »
Really sorry I missed the Event and a chance to meet a bunch of you folks and put some faces to the names.  We had a death in our extended family and needed to stay in town over the weekend for the memorial and funeral.  Hopefully I can find another Meet to attend before next years Elm Hall event...

~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:26 pm »
Yes I took a bunch,I will post a buch on Life is good. Pearl,we will do that next time. :) Here was an interesting,Welcome to ElmHall. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good