Author Topic: Yuma, AZ anyone?  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Cbert

Yuma, AZ anyone?
« on: October 12, 2011, 07:18:32 pm »
Any primitive archers or clubs around Yuma, AZ?  I'm a hobby smith and wood worker. I make bows, arrows, arrowheads ..... all kinds of stuff.
Just looking for some others that do the same and have the same interests. I realize there my be noone, but how about in Phoenix or San Diego? Eh?

-Cbert-

Offline Cbert

Re: Yuma, AZ anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:13:23 am »
A lonely place to be a craftsman of various primitive wares. Alas i push on alone, honing skills and talent that foregoing the apocalypse and the subsequent spontaneous combustion of all technology would otherwise prove useless. I find while providing success at the mastery of such skills, that oddly takes much more effort, patience and energy than one would assume at the beginning, to be rewarding, I concede that it is not as rewarding when the only audience and fellow visionary is a woman who would just as soon watch water drip from a faucet to be not enough for me to possibly sustain consistent enthusiasm. As it were now my "projects" are completed in bursts of creative impulse that come and go. I believe finding a creative venue to ply my trade and recruit other eccentrics would be the next logical step.  The location I currently reside in may not contain such a venue, but if it did i believe that my productivity would increase along with the consistency of which i occupy my time with this useless skill acquisition. I also would attempt to bribe those who are on the line undecided about such endeavors with crafted items such as forged bodkins to inspire and incentivise participation in the crafting and learning of primitive technology.

The above is what boredom looks like....

-Cbert-

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:36:31 pm »
its been ten years since i was stationed there but there was a archery club in yuma and a large group of trad and primitive guys that met ever sunday at the range . dont remember the name of the range but its down by the lake . good group of guys there

Offline evildocrsx

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:36:46 am »
I'm not in Yuma, but i'm in Holtville, CA in Imperial Valley.  It's pretty close.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:03:13 am »
Many of us are in the middle of nowhere.  That's one of the reasons why we're on this forum...it's almost as good as meatspace.

Keep trying, I'm sure someone here can be bribed with a few bodkins...
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr