Author Topic: Tiller Help Please?  (Read 1572 times)

Offline DLH

Tiller Help Please?
« on: June 16, 2011, 02:40:16 am »
Have a 60 in hickory and kinda stuck the string is tracking to the right. The limbs aren't bending great either it gave me fits a couple months ago just got her back from my exs house. Pyramid front profile.What you think?

Try not to chub over my hairy feet ;D

Offline dwardo

Re: Tiller Help Please?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:29:54 am »
Lets have a drawn shot hobbit feet ;)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 07:37:13 am »
Tough to help, I had one a few weeks back where one limb twisted regardless of what I did. Problem with those narrow tips is you can't just move one nock across.
Sorry not much help. Maybe turn it up the other way so the string is biased towards centre shot (or give it to a leftie ::))
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:31:36 am »
  You could been it in the handle. As long as it's not to bad and it's on the side your shooting from. I usely leave it if it's for me or someone that not concerned with the looks. It just makes your bow a little more center shot. If it's tiller right I would matter only in looks. You could have broth it in line some but not all the way sence it's perrty far out of line. I LIKE THE HANDLE IN THE FIRST PHOTO.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:45:01 am »
Short pyramid bows can cause a problem with string alignment. In your first pic, is the left limb, the one coming off the deep handle, the top limb? Its not bending as much through the handle and looks like it might be a little "flat" at mid-limb.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:53:52 am »
I forgot to ask if either limb is twisting. If one of the limbs are twisting you can try scraping a little off the belly, only from the side opposite the twist, and only from the handle to about 8 or 10 inches up the limb. This might help with string alignment. Also check to make sure the string grooves are cut equally. Hope this helps.
Eric
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline DLH

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 11:52:55 pm »
Broke the tip off of it looks like I did a terrible job gluing it up but I've had it glued up for awhile learned alot since than...