Author Topic: Finger Tab Question  (Read 1936 times)

Offline johnston

Finger Tab Question
« on: June 18, 2011, 02:34:05 am »
Want to make a finger tab and just realized I have never seen one in use or even on a hand. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,

Lane

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Finger Tab Question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 02:47:41 am »
I have an old(I mean old!) tab I might be able to scan and hopefully it will come out actual size. No promises.  ;D
  I like the simplicity of a tab...but if you have ever dropped your tab from your treestand you might think twice. That's why I use a glove. I siut-up before I leave camp and my shooting glove is with me(and on my hand) until the hunt is over.
 I have been toying with getting used to a tab for a back-up and have cut out a copy of the old one i have.

ps. Lane, PM your mailing address to me. I might be able to scrounge one up for you.   ;)

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline johnston

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 02:56:40 am »
Thank you Pat, will do.

Lane

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:38:05 am »
I've always liked a tab because it can be worn over a warm glove when it gets cold.  Unfortunately when it's very cold and your hands don't work so well you'll occasionally loose it when you shoot.  For that reason, and Pat's, I usually keep a couple spares in my backpack.  For some reason a glove wears a blister between my fingers.   Sadly, I don't think I have a single picture that shows the tab in use.  If you google "archer tab", Wikipedia has a couple pictures of how a tab is worn and the layout of a simple tab.

George
St Paul, TX