Author Topic: Elk Hunting  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Elk Hunting
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:03:18 pm »
No luck drawing a bull elk tag or a white tail tag, but have two different type cow elk tags for the same area!  Because there is a real problem with brusalosis in the elk herds the season has been extended from now till the middle of Dec. depending upon which tag I use!  So am trying to get my equipment and self ready for some time in the mountains.  Hawk and his son Josiah Huston both drew bull tags for the same area he had the bow shattering incident a couple of years ago.  That is probably the best area in Wyo. for record bulls.  Not many people get to hunt there.  Also have some black bear hunting planned on the neighbor's place!  Good luck where ever you plan to hunt this fall!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline cracker

Re: Elk Hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 03:21:11 pm »
Good luck to you Joe I hope you find what you are looking for. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:21:23 pm »
Good luck to you Joe, and to Hawk and Josiah!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:07:30 pm »
Happy hunting, Joe.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:48 am »
Good luck Joe /Hawk and Josiah,hope you all fill your tags and freezer. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 11:45:17 am »
Good luck on your hunt(s) Joe. If you see Mike and Josiah send best wishes to them also. Looking forward to pics and stories from all of you guys. I will do the same.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 12:08:24 pm »
Pat:  Am going with you in spirit on your hunt!  We get to do this every year so when the hunt is the second time for you it really takes on special meaning.  What I like to do is get the bugle and cow calls out and see those ole bulls make fools of themselves.  Hawk doesn't need a bugle as he can work them up with his voice!  Still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when a bull comes in with an attitude and calling to the world that he wants some action!  Looking forward to your story and pictures!  A/Ho Joe

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 01:57:37 am »
Good luck Joe, have a good hunt  and anxious to hear the story. Even thowe live where we can do these hunts every year we should never take it for granted. It is a special gife we enjoy.   Ken
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 10:02:46 am »
LJ:  I'll bet Pat is wired about now as he is on his way!  Seems like the best hunt is the next one you are going on!  A/Ho Joe

Offline Little John

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:02:17 am »
You are right Joe, the next hunt is always the best, yep Pat is in route now and I will pick him up at three oclock and head to camp early tomorrow morning. Sureis going to be nice to be able to shut down the old lincoln for a while.    Ken
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Little John

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 12:58:53 am »
Joe, how is your season going?    Ken