Author Topic: S.N.A.W.s - KC MO - 5/25/09 - (primitive bow making instructor needed)  (Read 4136 times)

Offline BowKids

Sharing Native American Ways 2009

April 25th - all day event open to the public.
Metropolitan Community College Business and Technology Center at 1775 Universal Ave, Kansas City, MO 64120

http://snaws.org

This annual event usually draws around 1,000 young boys and adults who attend all sorts of classes on Indian culture complete with opening ceremony, volunteer instructors, and a vendors area. Formally a scouting event, it is now independent and growing.

The SNAWS committee is looking for a bow making class instructor. This is not a hands on class and you don't have to make sawdust, just bring all the fun stuff for teaching aids. Naturally, the focus is on primitive archery not glass lams.  Most of the students will be wide-eyed 12-15 year old boys and about 15% adults. The class is one hour X 5 repeat sessions. I have attended the class before, it looks like fun and you will have very attentive disciplined groups. One hour will not be enough if you know what I mean. You will not be alone. There will be at least one assistant (less qualified bowyer) to help or maybe two of yas out there want to team up. Did I say this is volunteer work? Yes. See the web URL above for instructor registration or contact me with any other questions. I am not on the committee but have attended and am a member of this board, PA.

BowKids
Rick
816-651-3055

rheine@mindspring.com