Linked Events

• N.C. Primitive Skills Rendez: October 03, 2008 - October 05, 2008

Author Topic: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.  (Read 96518 times)

Offline n2everythg

Re: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2008, 09:59:38 am »
Thanks much to Dick and Jim. They put in a ton of work to pull this together. Location was perfect and weather was great.

I had a great time. Was a lot of fun. Learned a lot and met some new folks. Cant wait to do it again.

I think turn out was pretty good for the first annual. I know the general public that showed up were very fascinated. The kids had a great time beating on rocks to make arrowheads and shooting bows.

Good event.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline longfletch

« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2008, 02:37:45 pm »
madcrow, i know what you mean about the boys, and those fire starters, kade was sparking that thing for a whole day after we got home, and im still finding ryolite and obsidian flakes he has stashed in the van.

Patrick, you finished that atlatl yet?

bryan
i like poetry, long walks and the beach and poking dead things with a stick

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »
Dick,
I am so glad you put this event together.  It is a true Primitive Archer message board event and sounds like you had a pretty incredible crew!!  Job well done!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

GlassKnapper

« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2008, 03:58:37 pm »
Long fletch
I am going camping this weekend up in Cosby Tn, and I hope to finish it then. Im definately going to have to get some snake skin from josh, and i have some antler picked out for the spur. It should turn out pretty good! 8) I'll post picks when i get back.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2008, 04:49:36 pm »
It is amazing how easy it is to get hooked on something.  I started throwing glassknappers' atlatl and liked it.  Then traded Longfletch out of a couple and some darts.  I have already been looking at different types and different ways to make the darts.  Like I needed another hobby. ::)  I also got hooked on throwing the tomahawk that Dick brought.  That poor Hawk took a beating.  I am definately going to have to finish building the forge now.  Thanks to all who helped get me hooked.  Patrick, you need to post some pics of the atlatl that Josh made.  Probably under the ooga booga section or the Anything else section.  He did a great job on it.

DBernier

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2008, 03:31:15 pm »
Here is one more shot of some of the other winners of the raffle. Thanks to PA and all the other people who gave so generously.

Dick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2008, 09:44:15 pm »
Looks like some happy people there.  Personally, I did not hear any complaints about anything, but then again, I don't exactly look like the customer service department either.  I think the big knife and the mean look on my face helps. >:D >:D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2008, 12:01:28 am »
I recognize that bow!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2008, 06:48:56 am »
Yes Pat, they were a couple of fine bows. I even took a few chances on them although I would not have accepted it. Conflict of interest you know.
  Before I forget I would like to thank "Montana", my personal chauffeur for the event. He was there at the drop of the hat to drive me around the event, and sometimes he even dropped the hat. He sure enjoyed driving that Gater around. Thanks Montana.
   On another note I would like to ask all of you that still have the survey to do me a small favor and fill it out and mail it back to me. Should only take you a few minutes or so. It will help to get a fix on what you liked and what we could do differently. I am making a core list of you people who were there so we can "off line" email between us our suggestions for a better and bigger one next year "if" you want to do another one. Both Jim and I think you people who interacted with the public and especially the young people, did a fine job. Hope to hear from some of you.

Dick your benevolent dictator  >:D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 07:23:24 am by DBernier »

DBernier

« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2008, 06:31:03 am »
Just to let you all know we are not sitting on our duffs, we have put together a core group of people who attended and donated to this years event. We are already working on next years event and will keep you up to date on the happenings.

Dick your benevolent dictator   >:D

DBernier

« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2009, 06:59:44 pm »
Hell all;
  We are going to start a new thread for the "Second Annual N C Primitive skills and Knapp-in. Stay tuned.

Dick Bernier

Offline yazoo

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2009, 02:54:52 pm »
what month might this be in?
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

DBernier

« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2009, 05:13:18 pm »
It will be September 18, 19 and 20th

Dick