Author Topic: Hey Primitives check out this article in the Wall Street Journal!  (Read 8521 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Hey Primitives check out this article in the Wall Street Journal!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 06:55:38 pm »
"...In futures trading today, Character Osage jumped 11 points reaching an all time high.  Key officials in the White House are attempting to calm fears that continued high volume export of the precious yellow commodity to the Middle East will mean continued shortfalls for American bowyers. "

If they show up at the Twin Oaks Classic I say we take 'em snipe hunting, strip them of their cell phones, IPads, smart devices, and ditch 'em!

;D  ;D  ;D
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 08:15:06 am »
The owner of the project that I'm working on now brought me the paper to check out the article.  That blew my mind to be reading about Hawk and Primitive hunting in the WSJ.   :o  Acutually this was the first time I read the WSJ. LOL
Traverse City, MI

Offline Parnell

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 01:59:36 pm »
I spent time as a teenager living and working in the "Wallstreet" area.  It was my least favorite place to live.
I used to read this paper on a daily basis and frequently they'd put in "living" stories along these lines.  I'd speculate that a huge number of people trapped in the concrete canyons need an article like this for nothing more than a daydream "mental escape" from the monotonous grinding lifestyle they're committed to. 
I love reading the comments about the article, very interesting!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:45:31 pm by Parnell »
1’—>1’

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 01:02:04 am »
it was an honor to be asked by the Journal to take them on a hunt. we had a blast.. really was hard to tell our story as primitive, honorable , ethical hunters  to someone who had never even seen a bloodtrail.. but all in all Justin did a good job and helped to spread the word concerning the flight of feathered death and the bending of strong wood. Pat B had an arrow on that hunt... joe york a knife,predator caller a deerskin quiver , rattlin randy a bow.. etc..etc brothers of the bow walked with me on that adventure, making it even more exciting and the rewards of fresh porkchops that much sweeter.
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 02:52:44 pm »
It was a privilege to be along on the hunt, Hawk!  ;D  Great story and great publicity for PA and all of us "primitive" archers. Very cool!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC