Author Topic: Traditional Archery Store around Nashville?  (Read 6840 times)

Offline Will H

Traditional Archery Store around Nashville?
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:48:04 pm »
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good archery store around Nashville that carrys trad equip. There is one close to me here in AR but Im movin in a couple days to Nashville and was curious. Thanks  :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Traditional Archery Store around Nashville?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:40:57 pm »
Dang man, you are moving to the Motherland. Pappy and Twin Oaks are just up the road a little bit. You really need to stop in and see them during the IBO Traditional World event 15/16/17 of July. I would be there if I wasn't 2000 miles away.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »
Exit 19 ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Will H

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:45:17 pm »
I guess I didnt realize it was that close! SWEET!!! Thanks for the heads up!
           Clarksville, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 10:59:48 am »
Don't know of any close to Nashville, thats why we mail order or make all our stuff, or buy it ones a year at the Classic or IBO world when we have the vendors  close and handy saves shipping to boot. Nashville is very close to TwinOaks, less than 30 miles,come visit most any weekend.Me and some of the guys are usually there. :) :) GregB/BigA/Jon/Josh/KingRon/Goffer/Jesse/Woody/JohnT/Even Sawfiler make it in pretty regular and several others from here show up from time to time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 12:28:05 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for the invite Pappy! Ill definately have to come by and visit... ;D ;D ;D
           Clarksville, Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:34:29 pm »
Now this is something!  I spoke with David Knight last night and he's getting ready to move only 2 hours from Twin Oaks. Now if only a bunch more would move here we'd be all set for next Apocalyptic Event.   ;D

I talked to Pappy today and he said your going to be closer then I am.  I make it just about every weekend to Twin Oaks.  Missed out last week but I'll be there for a few months now each weekend.  As Pappy said come on by and visit.  You've moved to within walking distance of a great place to visit and learn things.  If I'm in a hurry I have a friend who owns a Archery Pro Shop near my house.  He orders for me and I don't pay for shipping if he has an order going in.  Otherwise I order off the web from 3 Rivers, or someone like David if I want cane arrow shafts.  In a few weeks Twin Oaks is hosting The IBO World Championships.  I recall Pappy saying we'll have a whole lot of vendors there for the weekend. 

I'll PM you and give ya my cell number and if you have any questions just call, and I'll try to help out.

Welcome to Tennessee.  We need a few more Volunteers!

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 10:06:05 am »
Hello Will, welcome to Tennessee! Hope you have an understanding wife...once you visit Twin Oaks, you'll most likely want to spend a lot of time there! ;) I suspect there are few places in the country any better for working on a selfbow atmosphere...no telling how many we've helped get started over the years.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 10:25:56 am »
You said a mouthfull there Greg I'm one of the crowd of folks that got on track at Twin Oaks. You can read books and look at videos until you're crosseyed and it isn't the same as seeing it first hand. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Will H

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 12:29:33 pm »
THANKS Jon, GregB, Cracker. Im really lookin forward to TN and all the bowyers and flintknappers around. I built my first bow back in '04 but didnt really get totally addicted till I started participating here on PA. I learned from books and DVDs as you said cracker..I still have yet to see it in person..not to many folks in my neck of the woods r into banging on rocks and chewin wood. My current neighbors probably think Im a little crazy.  ;) I cant wait to meet all you guys! I need all the help I can get!  ;D ;D
           Clarksville, Tennessee