Author Topic: Hello From Florida  (Read 3834 times)

Offline jasestrong

Hello From Florida
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:37:09 pm »
I just wanted to say hi to everyone.  I am 38 year old stay at home dad and part-time Private Investigator. I am a disabled Law Enforcement Officer. I am also a Veteran of the US Army where i was a MP/Military Policeman. I live in Lutz, Florida which is just north of Tampa, Florida. When not doing Archery i like lifting weights, martial arts, shooting/guns, gardening, cooking, reading, movies, 4x4's, armature archeology/arrowheads and other tools, and my family.

I am new to archery. I just started in August of 2010 with my daughters 9 and 10 years old. We started with modern Recurves and Longbows. I have a PSE Black Hawk at 50lbs and a Martin/Damon Howatt Venom at 65lbs. My experience with Archery has been a Spiritual awakening, what a blast, i can't get enough of it. So i want to add a primitive bow/ flat bow and wooden arrows to my collection. I would also like an English long bow and a horse bow. after being a gun collector for years now all i want to collect are bows and Archery gear. I am a subscriber to Primitive Archer. I would love to meet others in my area and make some friends and learn all i can.
Jason

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Hello From Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:56:00 pm »
 Welcome to the site, you'll be building a wood bow in no time. Im Eddie Parker and not far from you in Lakeland. There are a few of us from central Florida on this site.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 09:42:19 pm »
Hi, welcome to PA.  I'm Stephen, I live down by Naples.  Feel free to contact me and I hope to meet'cha sometime. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 04:24:30 am »
Welcome! Im in North West Florida,I think im the only one from this part of the state. This is the best site there is for info and ideas!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 02:44:40 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome. Eddie it is nice to meet you! Stephen, I use to live in Naples when i worked at the Collier County Sheriffs Office, I worked out in Immokalee. Nice to meet you Rick. I look forward to all i can learn from you all and making new friends. My dream is to be able to make my own bow!

Have a great 4th of July weekend!
Jason

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 08:22:05 pm »
You can do it!  I made my first one just reading the post on here,I have 10 working bows now, A few broken ones as well !  These guys are the best!   Happy 4th to all yall!!!!!!!! ;D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »
If I can help, come on over. I've got plenty of tools and can offer what little experiance I have.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 05:41:43 pm »

Jasestrong;
     Take up Eddie's offer, you'll learn a lot! ;)  Don't let him kid you, he is quite knowledgeable, and talented.  Just don't let him talk you into taking a bucket of rock home! ;) ;D  Get with him, and Parnell, they are not that far from you.  The food and beer aren't bad at Eddie's either! ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »
Thank you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i will Take up Eddie on his offer. I have some old rocks/flint I found while looking for artifacts and i want to start knapping my own arrow heads, then make my own arrows, then a bow!!!! Maybe i change the order!!! I just made my first Youtube Video about my first year in Archery with my daughters, Let me know what you think! I hope you all have a great weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tPYkLgW71E
Jason

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 10:59:54 pm »
 I like the video and music. If you want to play with some horse bows, I have some. They are Grozener's, and James Parker's. Even have a real Horn bow James made you can hold and look at, can't let you shoot it ::) ;). I dive the Alafia River and Peace River for artifacts and knapping rock.

I'll be up in Ga. next weekend hunting hogs but should be home after that till Labor Day Weekend for the Bowhunters Jamboree at Citrus MNGT Area.

You and the girls are welcome anytime.
Eddie
Lakeland, Florida

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 11:13:22 pm »
I would love to come over one day Eddie!!!! I got my points from Cypress Creek, near the Cypress Creek Well Field and around Lake Thonotosassa. I would also like to talk about a hunting spot for the next season, it has been a long time since i hunted! 
Jason

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 11:25:28 pm »
 I found some nice ones around the Cypress Creek Well field.
I drilled a lot of the Monitor Wells there. I have a Contractors license with SWFWMD.
Lakeland, Florida