Author Topic: Christmas Exchange gift snake backed oak board bow Thanks Hawkbow! 21" draw aded  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
I just recieved this in the mail from Hawkbow I dont know the specs on it yet but hopeing he will weigh in on the specs on this one so I know. I took some pictures after un wrapping it so here they are. The full draw picture will come when I have my camera women and know what the draw length is ;D Also I am pretty sure it is a Oak board bow backed with diamond back skin and it has a artificial sinew string. Thanks again Hawkbow and thanks for looking

unbraced bow

belly shot

Grip and arrow shelf

Back of bow with skins

Braced bow

Knock grooves and tips

Full draw to come and cant wait to shoot it, Thanks again Hawkbow

Josh
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:13:25 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline toomanyknots

Re: Christmas Exchange gift snake backed oak board bow Thanks Hawkbow!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:37:57 pm »
Nice skin job.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:58 pm »
Sweet!!! Nice work Hawkbow!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:24:49 pm »
That tiller looks a little funny. I've made a couple of bows that turned out being tillered like that. But mine broke  :laugh: Hopefully yours will be a good shooter
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
So My wife got home and I decided to just draw it to 21" of draw to get the picture added sorry for the wierdo shot I just cant help it lol ;D Not sure on the draw weight but by feel it feels like about 20#@21" I will double check when I get to my scale tomorrow.

Josh
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:28:17 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline toomanyknots

Holy crap that is a scary face. Especially cause your holding a weapon and all.  :laugh:
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Elktracker

• Josh

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Scary face and good looking bow. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline tenbrook

I love the little one in the background reaching for the bow.....reminds me of my 3 year old.  Every time I pull out the bow I need to bust his out too so he can be like dad.  Its even worse if I'm trying to make a hand drill fire.

Enjoy the bow and its very nice of you to post all these pictures I'm sure it makes the builder feel special.

Tenbrook
"Indian makes small fire, sits close.
White man makes big fire, sits far away."

- Stalking Wolf

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Cool little bow Josh and Hawkbow.  From looking at the string angle I don't think I'd pull that little bow much more than you have in the full draw pic.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Thanks guys ya the little one always wants to play with the bows and ARROWS!

Thanks Pat

Josh

Offline swamp yeti

Nice looking bow,good job

Offline aznboi3644

thats a nice looking kids bow...nocks look a little rough.  Skin looks good.

Hows it shoot? 

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Shoots good, thanks for looking. I got a message from hawkbow and he said he has video of him making the bow on some outdoor program or something and video of the snake being taken. He said he would send me a copy so I look forward to that as well.

Josh