Author Topic: who has shipped and recieved, all bow trade participants weigh in please  (Read 37035 times)

Offline Michael C.

this was fun ....bout time to get the xmas exchange started   :)

Since its the middle of July now and I haven't heard or seen anything this might end up being my Christmas trade  >:D >:D >:D
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Michael, I'm in the same boat as you but this is where some of that patience we learn as bow builders comes in handy.  ;)   You do remember lesson #1 in the New Bowyer 101 class; Patience!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline NTD

I hope my recipient is patient...I'm working on it buddy...

Although I haven't received mine yet so I don't feel quite as bad ;)....
Nate Danforth

Offline Michael C.

:) yeah Pat I know I'm just poking fun. Whoever has mine feel free to take your time. I would rather have a fast shooter come to me slow than a slow shooter come to me fast  ;D
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Stingray45

I'm still working on mine. I've had the worst luck, had my 3rd bow blow up on me 4th of July weekend. My fourth attempt is coming along nicely and I should have it finished up this week for shipping. I think I was trying to push the limits with my first few so I played it safer on this one with regards to length and width of the limbs.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Stingray45

Also forgot to mention I haven't received mine as of yet either.

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Thanks j please let me know on this thread when it is shipped :D

Josh

Shipped it out today. I'm all good now, shipped and received.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
About 50% done with mine.  I will ship it soon!  Just need to make the string and do final tillering and finishing.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline bryan irwin

shiped should arrive tomorrow sorry so late hope he likes it.
bryan irwin

Offline Sidewinder

OK so I see a resounding theme. There are some that are having trouble meeting the deadline. I had trouble meeting it too. I had One come in light and two that eventually failed during shoot in. I had it mostly done by deadline but had a few touch ups and a couple hundred arrows to put thru it before I felt good about sending it. So I called Clint on the 3 rd of July and let him know i was running behind but would be done in a week. It took me two. He was ok with it.
  I had many things been going on in life and things tend to get in the  way. So don' t give up. Just call your guy like I did and let him know your still comin and he will be ok with it.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Michael C.

I just figure the people waiting get some free patients tokens to redeem >:D O:) >:D I think most of the guys on here sort of understand when we do these trades a few of us end up waiting. some of us just need reminding, sometimes, that waiting builds character.

Cicero

Offline Stingray45

I did the same Sidewinder, sent my recipient a message to let him know I was working on it and not to worry that someone forgot to make it. I had my 2nd bow blow up during final tillering 3 days before the deadline. Then I've had another one blow up since then. I was glad he was ok with it being late, he said it was no issue. Took some pressure of me, which is why I think my 3rd one blew up because I was trying to rush the bow up to tiller. So now I'm taking my time and doing it correctly and barring any setbacks should ship out soon. Should be able to bring to final tiller tonight or tomorrow night, final sanding and finishing and shoot in this weekend hopefully.

Offline HickoryBill

Shipped and now recieved.
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline osage outlaw

OK so I see a resounding theme. There are some that are having trouble meeting the deadline. I had trouble meeting it too. I had One come in light and two that eventually failed during shoot in. I had it mostly done by deadline but had a few touch ups and a couple hundred arrows to put thru it before I felt good about sending it. So I called Clint on the 3 rd of July and let him know i was running behind but would be done in a week. It took me two. He was ok with it.
  I had many things been going on in life and things tend to get in the  way. So don' t give up. Just call your guy like I did and let him know your still comin and he will be ok with it.  Danny

I was glad to get the call about my bow running late.  I knew that I wasn't forgotten, and I didn't have the daily dissapointment when the mailwoman didn't drop off a long tube.  And, the bow was well worth the wait ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Also as other have done if you dont want to ruin the supprise I can pm your recipient

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)