Author Topic: North American Long Bow Safari 2011  (Read 2957 times)

Offline dmc

North American Long Bow Safari 2011
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:58:39 am »
Just got back from my first safari. What a great time meeting new friends and building relationships. There were about 200 shooters, I believe. Hats off to the hosts, as there was a lot of work to prepare. Got to meet John Strunk and got him to sign my Bowyers Bible Volume 1 that he helped cowrite. Target panic was gone this weekend, thank goodness.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: North American Long Bow Safari 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:43:41 am »
Right on!  I must admit I'm a bit jealous.  With it being it was somewhat near my neck of the woods, I would have loved to have gone, but I had other commitments.

But I think the obvious question is, where are the pictures??  :P

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:12 pm »
Glad to hear you had a good time.It was a good shoot.I also had the pleasure to speak to John Strunk. Also got to hookup with Jaye (Diligence) and Travis (Barrage) had a good chat with them
Good time had by all.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline dmc

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »
Hi Cam, you'd of had a blast. The camraderie was awesome. Even the wife had a great time meeting others. Would have been in first place on the running deer competition, but missed the last shot, and got beat by one point. Not bad for a guy that used to have major target panic, and could barely pull my bow back. Jay Kidwell's book really helped me out. I'll try and send some pic's when I figure out how to post. I have a good one of the bow birds where an arrow is still bending at about 15 yards out. Have a good summer. Dave
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!