Author Topic: north ,south, modern dalton  (Read 2394 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
north ,south, modern dalton
« on: July 04, 2011, 10:41:28 am »
piece of knife river i got from steve parker years ago, attempt at a hell gap. piece of coral i heated up. too many florida points look like this so i dont know what its called. toilet tank dalton. had to replace a toilet for a customer, very old tank so the material was decent, especially for johnstone. 

"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline TRACY

Re: north ,south, modern dalton
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 11:31:23 am »
Great looking points man! I like the knife river and coral very well, but the last point is kinda crappy(LOL) >:D Sorry, it was wide open. It has real cool flake scars and would not want it heading in my immediate direction. Good job!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline jamie

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:59:39 pm »
thanks trcy. a friend of mine from Oregon who makes me look calm when it comes to environment, food, and politics asked me to make him a knife. nothing represents 'modern primitive' like johnstone. now i just gotta find the proper handle material and i'll haft it up. peace
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 03:18:39 pm »
 That coral point would be a Newnan. The difference in Newnans, Marions, and Hillsboroughs is the base. Newnans are flat across the bottom, Marions are rounded and Hillsboroughs are short and triangle. Nice point and pretty coral, Jamie. Like that Hellgap a lot, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 05:55:27 pm »
That's some nice work Jamie! Knife river is my fav material,just can't afford it :o

As for the handle on the cumode blade? I'd probly make some kind of fax terd for it. :P

Offline jamie

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:21:30 am »
thanks again. gonna have to search and see if i can find some petrified turd  ;D

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 10:16:54 pm »
 Do a search for petrified alligator turds, we find them occasionally when we are diving the river.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 04:20:26 pm »
Good stuff Mr. Jamie! That is one of the better toilet tanks that i've seen..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.