Author Topic: Supper  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Supper
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:39:25 pm »
Well, it was a gorgeous day here in MI, sunny...low 80's and just too nice not to grab the 3wt Fly rod and head down to the pond.  My wife, boys and I just got finished eating them up fresh and hot out of the Fry-daddy  ;D

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Supper
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:17:15 am »
 Lee, those are some nice ones. I wish I could have caught the ones I did with my 4wt. No way to get a fly flipped back in the trees I was in. Great, tasty  catch!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:24:49 am »
Come on man, ROLL CAST  ;)  Works in the tightest of brush.  I used to live/fly-fish in VA along the AT...I'd pick a small stream and work my way up stream from little bath tub plunge pools to plunge pool.  Usually only tossed 4 or 5 Royal Wulffs in my shirt pocket and I'd have to roll cast 90% of the waters but those Wild Brookies were worth every minute of it.
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 04:57:56 pm »
Man... that looks like a tasty dinner.

It has been many moons since my last fried perch.   :)

-Gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline david w.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »
This is what I like to see! 
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline sonny

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »
man I used to love catching bluegills and crappie in a little farm pond down the road from some friends out in the country.
heck it's been years since I did any flyfishing.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:56:35 pm »
 ??? Lee, I'm an amateur when it comes to fly fishing and I'm having a hard enough time learning to fly fish sitting on my butt in a kayak. I've got all of Lefty's books, I'll look for the Roll Cast. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 01:06:23 am »
Thanks guys!

Hey Eddie, out of a kayak is tougher...less lower body leverage and such.  Lefty is a good source (My Dad was lucky enough to have fished with him on Salt a few years back) I wasn't as lucky and am self taught but I do ok.  i used to eat, breath, sleep fly-fishing...then upland hunting, then duck hunting, then Falconry...still live the falconry life style but thought I could add this primitive bow gig to the resume  ::)
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline 4est Trekker

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 10:54:06 am »
I find panfish not only tasty, but a blast to catch on a flyrod.  Good catch and supper right there :)
"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Lombard

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 07:06:18 pm »
You're right those brook trout are well worth it. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.