Author Topic: Best music recording program?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Best music recording program?
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:18:30 am »
I like to play around with audacity. But it just doesn't have enough features and is quite limiting. I don't have nothing but a pc N a mic, so I can't do much. I have no idea how to use professional software. I don't even know how to use fruity loops. Anybody know anything easy to use with more features than audacity?
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Best music recording program?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:39:03 am »
I use audacity too, that is the only one I have right now, I also just use my laptop and a cheap mike but if I add enough effects it sounds real good to me.  I have been recording native american flute music and I would like a new (and free) program to use too.  Hopefully someone will come along and post with some more info.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Will H

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 11:03:02 am »
Im a Pro Tools fan myself but garageband for mac is great and cakewalk on pc is ok...Im workin on a new album right now, I do most of my preproduction "demos" with voice memo on my Iphone or garageband with the mic on my computer....my 2 cents.   :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 04:18:35 pm »
Audacity is about the best I've found for free. I usually use garage band on my Mac though. Garage Band also has an auto tuner if you know where to find it, I'm not sure audacity has anything like that.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 11:40:17 am »
The last one I've had was ableton it worked great but it's expencive now I think kristal recording software is free and isn't to hard to use. Now if you want to spend money and get a very user friendly software look up propellerhead  line 6 developed it and I heard it's easy to run and ofcorse there is always adobe audition you can always download free trials of the big names and test them out as for free software you are limited GL amigo hope you find something
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995