Author Topic: srink tube  (Read 4554 times)

Offline crooketarrow

srink tube
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:03:33 pm »
     I've only seen srink tube one time that was big enough to but on  BOW FOR A HANDLE. I got it a long time ago at a flea market. It had 1 1/8  on the package it was in. It was 12"s long yesterday while digging a little under a wood bench I found the other half I saved for a handle. Had'nt thought about it for years.REALLY FORGOT IT.
   The thing is I guess the heat had got to it or something. Because it had srunk to about 1/2. This makes a really good handle if you like that rubber felling.  Dose anyone see or know where I might buy this again. I like to use it on a kids bow. Looks like it would hold up to anything. This bow has been setting around a FEW years. It started out for someone who wanted 80 #s but it took a couple inchs of set, so I stated over. I'd like to finish it up.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Bow Nut

Re: srink tube
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:16:08 pm »
check ebay I just checked for you and there are lots of differents sizes all the way up to 3 inches.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:31 pm »
Bike inner tubes work for most smalller grips.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 01:42:16 pm »
You might try NAPA auto supply store
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jpitts

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »
Look for an electrical supplier. They use it on cable ends.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:00:30 pm »
Are you talking about the tubes that shrink with heat or the soft rubber tubes that are expanded then when you remove the inner support it shrinks around the object you want to put it on? if it is the latter possibly electrical supply stores. I work for a the local phone co. and we use to use them to seal the splice caps to the two cable ends. and yes it makes a nice soft handle wrap
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline bubby

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »
they have it at ace hardware, sizes to fit up to a madox handle, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 06:52:18 pm »
  THANKS
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING