Author Topic: More Trail Cam Pics  (Read 6232 times)

Offline gstoneberg

More Trail Cam Pics
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:46:50 pm »
Here's some Texas trail cam pictures.  Some are at corn feeders and some at protein feeders.  First a couple hog pictures (with a bonus porcupine).

And some bucks.

That last 11pt we've watched for 2 seasons already.  He's gonna be a beauty this season, still has a month to get bigger.  Hope he slips up and goes out in daylight for a change this fall. >:D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline johnston

Re: More Trail Cam Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:08 pm »
Mighty nice deer George but the hogs are what do it for me ;D.

Lane

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 11:55:44 pm »
Oh yeah nice deer, and plenty O HOGS!!!!!  LOL
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:07:24 am »
Here's  a couple more boar for you hog lovers.  That black one has some teeth!

George

St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 05:38:53 am »
Those pics make me wanna go back!! Wow.. Nice deer.. I just might have to leave mini me behind next time...

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 09:28:58 am »
Notice that every hog picture is at the blue stand feeder?  They have taken over there.  The last rain filled the hog wallow there, while the stock tank is very nearly dried up.  Very few hog pictures anywhere else.  The trail cam died at the gray stand so I'm sure I missed some there.

I'm going back out there in a couple weeks, but I'm getting the other new lease guy set up, guiding him around and doing some badly needed work on the blue and gray blinds.  We're also raising that blue stand feeder, hopefully before those big boar figure out that they can bump the varmint guard and make it self serve.  :D  I won't be able to do a get-together that time.  Not sure I'll be able to do another get-together as we approach hunting season.  We'll see.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 09:37:12 am »
Here piggy piggy piggy twang squeeeeaaall maniacal laughter I got me a pig.MMMM MMMM
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 01:06:39 pm »
Nice pics George, Got some very nice pork loins in there and some dandy backstraps as well,  Got to do a hog hunt someday. They are starting to establish in a few areas around here. And knowing how they breed I'm sure they will not waist any time taking over.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:57:34 pm »
Keenan,

I'm sure if you get to Dallas sometime that's not during deer season we can make an attempt to entertain the piggies down here.  Once deer season starts, I scale my hog hunting way back.  Looked at your pics again.  Those are some huge muleys!  Wow.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 05:33:22 pm »
George, My brother, sister and parents all live near or around Quitman above Tyler. So I my give ya a shout next time I'm down that way. Would love to meet up with ya and entertain the piggies. >:D

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 06:04:49 pm »
Sounds great!   PeteC and a couple other PA folk aren't far from Tyler as well.  Definitely let me know when you come down.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 11:12:11 pm »
I tried for the hogs again this weekend at the lease, but never saw a hog...or a deer.  But, the trail cams say they're there.  The 11pt is still growing horn:

A couple of his offspring are gonna be nice this year as well, one's an 8pt (hard to see from the back) and the other a 6. Both are about the same width.

Feeding the protein is really paying off, when our 6pt bucks are looking like they might be shooters. Our first spotted fawn showed up on cam.

Also spotted a clutch of turkeys, these I did get to see in person.

The hogs were on cam, just didn't show when we were in the stands, same cast as last time.  I will post 1 new pic (from the morning before I arrived):

Deer season is looking promising.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 12:32:54 pm »
Man those are some nice bucks and a lot of good eating hogs......
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 01:19:41 pm »
Gstoneberg, the blue feeder is a interesting. It looks like the bottom has been bent in to allow the deer to feed off the side of the barrel. I like that idea as a gravity feeder. It gets it off the ground. Gives me some ideas!

Lots of game and some nice trophies to hunt..that would get you excited for the up coming season.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline hatcha

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 02:48:36 pm »
mmmmm...  not quite "meals on wheels"...

Snacks with tracks..?   :laugh: