Author Topic: Relaxing Sounds of the NAF  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Relaxing Sounds of the NAF
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:35:50 pm »
I recently acquired a mic and a free recording program for my computer.  I recorded this today and added some chimes and storms to it.  I found it to be quite relaxing and I feel my blood pressure drop whenever I have it playing in the background while I am surfing the web.  I hope you like it and find it relaxing as well.  I recorded it on one of my flutes I made.  Tell me what ya think.    :)

http://soundcloud.com/deftones3333/lake-storm

click the link above and then click the play button on the player to start the sound file.  Thanks for listening!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline medic336

Re: Relaxing Sounds of the NAF
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:26:43 am »
Sounds great Josh. Almost put me to sleep....

Offline juan lopez

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:53:58 pm »
josh, the beautiful sound of your flute, I remember being in the woods hunting.

I liked
Escuchar

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:55:19 pm »
 Nice, Josh. I now no it is not as easy as it loks.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 09:57:58 pm »
thanks guys!   :) :)

Eddie, It does take some time to develop breath control and to get your fingers to cooperate.  :D Did you watch the videos on youtube i told you about?  That's how I learned.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 12:58:16 am »
 Yep, still watching.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:13:30 pm »
Josh:  I really would like to have a disc of your flute music.  So if you get around to putting something together I would love to have one!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Josh

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 12:18:45 pm »
I need to lay down around 3 or 4 more tracks at least to get a good CD going but you will be the first person I send one to Joe.  Thanks for the kind words.  :)

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 01:28:25 pm »
Josh:  Send me your address and I will get to work and send you some Juniper!  A/Ho Joe

Offline Josh

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:43:18 pm »
...thanks Joe!  ~PM sent~

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 11:22:56 pm »
Josh:  Mailed a couple of pieces of juniper this morning.  You will find it is much harder than regular cedar.  The larger pieces are a bit short.  Just couldn't get anymore out of the post.  It was the corner gate post for the original corral and could be a 100 year old post!  The other was one I found on the mountain.  Juniper is very gnarly and has bark inclusions that make it difficult to get a regular board out of.  Anyway they are not for a trade of any kind so hope you can use them!  A/Ho Joe

Offline seabass

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:41 pm »
i need a copy too.that is one soothing melody.great work buddy.now i need to hear Eddies redition.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Josh

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 03:22:40 pm »
thanks a TON Joe!  I will try to do that 100 year old piece justice.  I believe a piece that old will have some stories to sing as a flute.  Thank you so much.  :)

thanks Seabass!  As soon as I get some more tracks made I will burn you a copy.  :)  I also would like to hear Eddie's song.  :)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 11:32:54 pm »
Sounds great josh! What is the program you got and what type of equipment do you need to do the recording? Specifics on the mic would be cool! My grandpa just made me a maple NAF in the key of G# and I love it! it is so relaxing and I love how you just play what is in your heart and it just comes out. I would like to make a couple different keys to change it up a bit. I am getting ready to make one in the key of F# out of Yew or old growth Red wood cant decide ;D Great sounds you got there. again thanks for any info you can give me on recording setup and programs.

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Josh

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 11:46:53 pm »
Hey Josh glad to see ya getting into this wonderful addiction too!  I just use a 10 dollar mike I got at Walmart a few years ago and I use Audacity for the recording software (free).  There are better programs out there but as a novice recorder I think the program works fine.  It has a bunch of effects you can add like reverb and delay and you can even change the key of the song you record!  I am still gettin used to the program but it is pretty user friendly.   As soon as you get some stuff recorded I would love to hear it.   :) :)