Author Topic: Hello from Puerto Rico...  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Miguelor

Hello from Puerto Rico...
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:02:32 pm »
Hi to all, I live on the tropical island of Puerto Rico and this is the first time that I am going to post here. Although I am an avid Fire arm and airgun shooter, I have always had a passion for archery, especially the more traditional bows from so long ago. Kind of makes me wonder sometimes if I was born in the wrong time in history. I'm sure many here have this dilema lol! Well any way, like many here, it is only a matter of time before an archer decides to see if he or she has what it takes to construct his very own first bow. I am now at this stage. It5 all started about a year ago when I noticed an abundance of bamboo trees that grow all over my property, so much so that many have reached over forty feet in height. I would love to post some pics of these trees but first I need to get more familiar with the types of bamboo that are used for bows or if any bamboo can be used for this purpose. I have seen many attempts on you tube concerning primitive bow construction and although intuitive, I feel that these vids are either too short or not enough instruction is given. I really hope that upon establishing good friends here, that I can embark on my project and head in the right direction. Thank you all so much for accepting me here and I really hope to make many friends here. Miguel Diaz.

Offline cracker

Re: Hello from Puerto Rico...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:14:37 pm »
Miguel
  Welcome to PA I'm sure you will be able to find answers to all you're questions. This is a knowlegable and generous group. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline jasestrong

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:19:54 pm »
Welcome aboard friend! Thank you for the comments on my Video!
Jason

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:42:20 pm »
 welcome and glad to see you here. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site and in the Magazine.
Eddie
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:51:47 am »
Welcome,what Eddie said,if you can't find the info you need to make a selfbow  on this site , it can't be found, :) :)also lot of folks that really want to help. Enjoy the ride. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good