Author Topic: show us your quiver  (Read 18644 times)

Offline andy thomas

show us your quiver
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:39:49 am »
wondered if you guys would show us your quivers. and how you prefer to us them. i have seen alot of back and side, some guys like to have them high and such.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: show us your quiver
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:13:32 pm »
Andy, I'll try to get some pics of quivers I've built and the ones I use a bit later.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:54 pm »
here is a couple of mine.one is an elk hide back quiver.the other is a badger small of the back quiver.hope you like them,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 12:45:14 am »
Hey, I like making quivers......but first here's the one I use most, though a friend made it for me.    I really like side quivers and plains style quivers.  They put the arrows right where they're handy to reach and yet are easy to keep from hanging up on brush, or otherwise getting in the way.   Again, my favorite go to Sunday meeting and wow the peasants.   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 12:49:03 am »
Here's my second favorite quiver.   Commercial suede, made into a plains style quiver for carrying on the left.  There's a small pouch on the front to carry score cards, or fire starters, or whatever.  Ron

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 12:52:47 am »
And.. Here's an plains style quiver I made and traded away, or put in the X-mas exchange, or something like that.  The fur later got made into a side quiver.  I don't know how well it shos, but the stiffener rod is covered with the skin from a small bullsnake.   Ron

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 12:56:03 am »
This is a side stalker style I recently made for the IBO shoot in Tenn...

...a basket quiver I made for the Tenn. Classic

...and a few more basket quivers...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 12:57:11 am »
And.. another plains style that was traded away.   

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:25 am »
Ok,  So far I like the badger quiver and a couple of the basket quivers.  Pat- Do those quivers with the feathers added, have bark added into the weaving?   Ron

Offline seabass

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 01:07:36 am »
i like all the quivers.you guys do great work.Pat,i saw some of your basket quivers over at Kerrys booth at the classic.i now wish that i had gotten one.M-P your leather work is awesome.that first quiver is something to see.thanks for posting guys.i also wanted to see everyones quivers.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 01:10:01 am »
...a Plains style quiver I made for Tim Lathum's son...

...another plains style quiver...

...a coyote Plains style I made for Tim Lathum with a detachable pouch with coyote face flap...

...side quivers I made for Marie(Calendergirl) and her 2 daughters...

...my everyday target quiver...

...and my hunting quiver. Made from old Selway bow quiver...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 01:16:22 am »
Ron, that is choke cherry bark accents.

Seabass, the quiver with the cherry bark at Kerry's booth was my secret Santa gift to Lulyn, Keenan's wife. The other basket quiver there was donater to CTA for the NC State Shoot. I'm fresh out of basket quivers for now.  ::)

Offline seabass

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 01:17:32 am »
this thread just keeps getting better.Pat those are nice.i also want to add that i didn't make mine.i want to give credit where it is due.KerryB made the badger quiver and twistedlimbs made the elk one for me.i have no talent in this department.maybe one day.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 01:20:36 am »
Pat,remember me when you get some more buddy.i would like to own one someday.keep them quivers coming guys.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline andy thomas

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 01:25:49 pm »
man these are some nice quivers. love the braided shoulder strap on calendargirls quiver. nice mix of colors. all i can say is everyone on here is a piece of art nice job guys