Author Topic: banned from knapping  (Read 3865 times)

Offline iowabow

banned from knapping
« on: July 23, 2011, 02:28:35 pm »
My wife just banned knapping in the car.  However I am told I can nap.  I want to take poll- how many of you think that pressure flaking is an exceptable past time activity for a long drive as a passenger in my wife's car?
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Tower

Re: banned from knapping
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 03:08:30 pm »
I don't see what her big problem is, the flakes vacuum up . At least that's what I told my wife when she woke up late one night & caught me knapping on the living room carpet. She got so angry. Now she calls knapping THE OTHER WOMAN. If you got my back in the living room I got your back in the car.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:12:43 pm by Tower »
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 08:38:52 pm »
Tower lol look at at how many views and not a word out of them lol at least I know who I can walk into a bar with.   :)

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 09:01:47 pm »
i can't knap yet,but i have chased a ring in the living room.can i come to the bar with you guys?i'll buy the first round if you teach me to knap.allright i'll buy the first five pitchers and some hot wings.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 10:23:38 pm »
Well I ain't skeert!  I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the flakes weren't hitting the driver.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 02:47:37 am »
i was about to ask if you were hitting her with the shards that come off or if you switched places and she stepped on one barefooted. if not i do not see a problem with it
doc

Offline bushman

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 05:11:51 am »
I don’t see a problem with knapping in the car or the living room. I have done it a few times, just got to clean up the evidence.
Bushman

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:13 am »
hell i do it while im driving  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline iowabow

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 11:09:27 am »
I read all the post to the wife and she laughed but still NO! Lol.

Offline Tower

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:30 am »
Heck I know a bar down here that serves cold Shiner Bock . The owner of thr bar likes seeing what I make & asks me to demonstrate how I do it. 
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 12:15:55 pm »
I guess Ill play devils advocate. If you are knapping on a seat that she might have to sit on I can see why she doesn't allow it. My wife lets me knap in the living room. I put down a little tarp and vacuum when Im done and she is satisfied.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 08:14:58 pm »
I used to pressure rlake in the office, but got busted from all the dust, chips in my trashcan, and blood spots here & there.  I still knap at horse shows, but not in the vehicle.  It is a consuming hobby though.  Keep after it.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 02:55:41 am »
See, this is what you don't understand.  Names and deeds aside, the "house" isn't your house . . . it's her "nest".  Nests are for cozy comfy snuggly things and activities . . . and egg laying (or the mamalian equilavent).  See our bird like mating ritual involves getting that deed to the space that will become the nest, then we are to only engage in activities that beautify said nest.  Of course the argument will be dressed up.  "Do you really want to live in S#%*T"? or my favorite "you can live like a hillbilly  . . . somewhere else".

And honestly that is fair enough.  I mean you never know when a suprise guest like the Prince of Whales and company is going to show up and there is this hillbilly idiot playing with rocks in the middle of the floor.  You just can't serve tea like that.  Won't happen.

It would be the same as stepping into your man cave 10 min before scheduled poker night to find that she thought it would be a great place to store in full display her life collection of dolls and fluffy animals . . . oh and the windows look better drapped in "salmon".  You just can't pretend to have testosterone in that enviroment .  Won't happen.

Joking aside the small sharp flakes will get between the carpet fibers and shorten it life or help tear a seat cover.

Funny how it changes right?  When I first started carving we lived in an apartment and a big carving project has us wading through chips and shavings for days.  Now I need a pike row to defend my right to leave a shaving on my bench over night.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36:59 am »
That was fun to read. 

Offline cracker

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 10:52:34 am »
Hey PB I feel you're pain. At my crib if I put a sack of gold bullion on the table, that doesn't go there and has to be moved immedietly or she'l fly around the room on her broom and shoot lightning bolts at me. Now if she puts a sack of putrid garbage on the end table that is where it belongs and it is not to be touched under penalty of broom and lightning bolts.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?