Author Topic: Bow Photography Tutorial  (Read 82837 times)

Offline Will B

Re: Bow Photography Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »
That was an excellent tutorial.  Thanks for taking the time to put that together.  I have always admired your bows.  Will B.

Offline johnfolchetti

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 12:21:48 pm »
That is great stuff! Thank you Weylin for taking the time to do this.

Offline Rusty

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 05:44:45 am »
Thanks for that great tutorial...
Austria

Offline loon

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 09:30:41 am »
The problem with postimage now is the ads... ... I didn't see them before, with the ad blocker (I use uBlock Origin), but now they're getting through and they're not very family friendly. I wonder if gitlab free static web hosting works well for images..
I should just put up my own site for PA images... But then I'd have to promise to keep it up for many years.. ... more money.

Offline loon

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 01:17:36 pm »
Here's how to most easily get BBcode links in the imgur desktop website. Dunno about the app or mobile version yet..

1. Be logged into imgur. Upload your images into an album/post in "New post". You can give it a name to make it easier to find in the next steps.

2. Click on your name (with the arrow), then click on images. Not albums.

3. Click on the left where it says all images. Select your album with the images that you want to put on PA.

4. Click where it says "View image info", then click on "generate image links"

5. click/drag on one of the pics to box-select them all

6. click on Done. Now click where it says Link (email & IM) and then on BBcode (message boards & forums). Just copypaste that stuff into PA

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 01:25:35 pm »
Thanks loon.I still don't understand it but that's not your fault though.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:10 pm »
Does anyone know how do do this on a phone or iPad instead of a desk or laptop?
Thanks Matt

Offline Weylin

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 01:45:22 am »
Thanks for adding that Loon! I've switched over to Imgur as well. It's pretty easy and hassle free. That was a good explanation.

Matt, I don't know about how to do it on other devices. It might not be possible or if it is it may be a big hassle. If someone knows, please chime in.

Offline Tillstave

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 01:50:17 pm »
I'm glad someone finally took the time to explain to us analog types, how this is done. Thanks Weylin.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2018, 06:51:03 pm »
I'm glad someone finally took the time to explain to us analog types, how this is done. Thanks Weylin.

You're welcome. I'm glad it was helpful.

Offline liyeliye123123

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 07:52:50 am »
Thank you so much!!!! very very hepful!! I ll post my bow shortly haha.
Wildpeace Archery.

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 01:47:08 pm »
Image hosting sites seem to come and go over the years leaving blank spaces in forum threads where photos used to be. This site allows direct addition of photos to the site itself, but it's important to understand that it takes up memory and bandwidth usage to post overly large photos. In fact the site imposes limits on the file size of photos posted.

Ideally the smallest possible photo file should be posted on any forum. This does not mean that the photo must appear small in a thread. It just means you should reduce the resolution of your photo. Computer screens have nowhere near the resolution of today's cameras and cell phones. So the picture you take with a twelve megapixel camera can only be displayed on a typical forum at about half a megapixel resolution. In other words, a 12 megapixel photo is 24 times as large as can be typically displayed on a computer screen.

The solution is to reduce you photo size down in your editing software to no more than 800 pixels wide then save it as a new file. To do this open your photo in your editing software and typically there will be a tool called somewhere called "Scale" or "Scale Canvas" or "Resize" or "Resize image" etc. Usually it will show the present height and width in pixels. Change the width to 800 pixels. Usually this will automatically change the height proportionately so that the image isn't reduced in one dimension only. Then save this edited image as a  jpg type file using a new name so you don't overwrite your old full resolution file.

Upload this reduced filesize image to the forum and it will display nicely across the forum column size.

You can also reduce forum storage and bandwidth requirements by going smaller than 800 pixels. 600 pixels is a good width for vertical images, and smaller detail shots.

Another nice thing about reducing image sizes is when emailing or messaging family and friends personal pictures. Again, computer and cellphone screens do not need (and in fact can't use) the huge resolutions today's cameras and cellphones create. That's true of emails and messages too. A reduced file size image cuts your data usage down and is much faster to send and receive, but appears the same to the recipient. It can be frustratingly slow to receive 24 full sized hi-res images of a relative's child's birthday party, when those same pics could have been a tenth the file size, and look the same.

Hope this helps.

I love it when a plan B comes together....