Author Topic: New pad ffom iowabow  (Read 1013 times)

Offline triggerfinger

New pad ffom iowabow
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:50:13 am »
After a grueling 12 hr drive with 20k lbs in the trailer I got to my new house.   A little birdy suggested I check the mailbox. I did and there was a gift from John iowabow.   It was a spiffy new pad, some good copper points an antler pf, some pretty pink rocks and a point that is way beyond my skill level.   So that got me all jacked up to try some Knapping
I have nothing witty to say.......

Offline triggerfinger

Re: New pad ffom iowabow
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 02:57:14 am »
Sorry For the ugly posts, no Internet yet so I'm using my phone.   Anyhow I promptly wrecked 2 pieces of the pink stone he gave me so I saved the rest till I. Improve.   That stuff makes. My rocks look like they have rebar in them.   Man it knaps nicely,  now if only I. Could do it justice
I have nothing witty to say.......

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 11:17:43 am »
Hey I am glad that the box arrived unharmed.  Enjoy I will attach a pick of what I did with the rock I broke while learning.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 11:33:32 am »
I made enough small rocks from my large rocks to put a layer or gravel down before pouring my concrete sidewalk this summer it is 16 feet long.   ;)
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:08:34 pm »
That is a purty foundation for a sidewalk John :). I've got about a 10 foot section of driveway paved with pretty much debitage.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.