Author Topic: Is anyone going to the Val-du-Fort  (Read 5866 times)

Miles

Is anyone going to the Val-du-Fort
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:30:19 am »
Is anyone going to the Val-du-Fort in Town St-Mathieu-du-Parc in Québec, Canada medieval living history/reenactment there will be a archery competition for medieval type bows and crossbows two different weapons class competitions bow and crossbow.

If you can read French, here’s the link: www.duchedesaxe.org/valdufort it was posted only in French sorry, (But has some cool looking Pic’s in it 8) ).

I do not read French very well  :-\ but I think we have  it's translated the most of it.
The time period is 500 to 1500 they seem to be focusing mainly on 15th-century and they have a special section I believe it's for 15th-century camping, they have a cool looking fortress Val-du-Fort.

Last year, over 150 reenactors came to St-Mathieu-du-Parc for the event.
 It was the first time that a historical-medieval event was held. And the historical accuracy was respectable.

Today to the event are July 6-8, 2007 It cost 30$can for an adult before june 1st.(I’m late sorry just telling you all what it said), 40can$ at the gate. It is free for kids 14 or younger.

St-Mathieu is about 20 minutes north of Trois-Rivières (It is between Montreal and Quebec) so you have to drive about 2 hours from the canadian/american border.

You do not need a passport if you're driving across the border this year.
I'm going to this thing if anybody's interested with everybody running around speaking in French it will be a little like being in Europe I hope my Old Middle English will not confuse ??? them too much.

Cheers
Miles
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:54:30 am by Miles »

Offline Dane

Re: Is anyone going to the Val-du-Fort
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16:17 am »
Have a great time, Miles. Not that, that far from me, but I am stretched thin with work and such. Maybe next year, if they hold it?

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Miles

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:30:38 am »
Hi Dane
Looks like they will be having one next year, I'll take a lot of pic's I will post a report when get back from it. 8)

It's a big place's to they shoot sige weapons there.  ;)  and they got a Fort to shoot at Hehehe  :D

Miles

oh Dane PM  send
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 11:50:23 am by Miles »

Offline Dane

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:55:53 pm »
Miles, I just watched the videos. Very cool, a bit surreal too, with the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Miles

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:58:01 pm »
Hi Dane
Yes it's very cool great soundtrack

Miles