Author Topic: Arrow selection  (Read 1391 times)

CityCop

Arrow selection
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:56:14 am »
I'm new here and to archery all together. I am looking to buy some arrows for my red oak board bow. It is 68" and pulls 50#@28". I am going to buy cedar arrows to shoot while I wait on my river cane to dry out. I am looking at getting 50-55 spine arrows but I don't know how long I should get them or what grain field point. Any suggestions?

Offline seabass

Re: Arrow selection
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:34:09 am »
i would buy them full length which is 32".if you have a 28" draw,you will most likely cut them so your arrows will be 29" from valley of the nock to back of the point.buy them full lenght and start there.head weight changes your final spine.pick the head weight you want,then glue it to the full length arrow and see how it behaves.then cut and try again until you get good arrow flight.don't do all your arrows at the same time.find what works,then do the rest.hope this helps,steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Arrow selection
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »
Use a hot melt glue so you can heat it up and remove the point, cut off another 1/2" retapper and glue point back on.  Shoot and repeat as needed.  I've got some good arrows in your spine preference I'm willing to part with.  If you're interested, PM me.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)