Author Topic: Latest 2  (Read 1006 times)

Offline GooseGossett

Latest 2
« on: August 05, 2011, 12:02:18 am »
So I learned the importance of holding on to your points while working over concrete...  :o I dropped my first point on the concrete and thanked the good Lord up above for giving me hands to hold rock and cursed my ability to do so.  God mad and grabbed another spall and went to town.  I don't know how I got a flake to work with like this.  It turned out ahhhmazing.  I took my time to set up platforms and did my best to pressure flake correctly.  I don't know what happened but I started and ended up with something that looked great.  I didn't put in notches yet because it looked good enough to shoot and didn't know where to put them.

1 John 3:18 "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. "

Offline Timo

Re: Latest 2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 12:08:21 am »
Pretty awesome there Goose! And yes, we all have made such blunders with concrete. :P

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 12:16:42 am »
If I had a dollar for every point I've dropped I'd be a lot better off. Nice point!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
Me? I've never dropped one on the concrete ::). Would be nice if you could knap in the house over the carpet then you wouldn't have to worry about it. Nice point - aughta work.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:51:00 pm »
I bought a rubber pad.  Sure feels good to make a point you can kill a deer with.  So make a few more before you start learning to notch.  Maybe practice notching on scrap like that point you broke.  Good luck look like your on your way.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!