Author Topic: KY Blue blade  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Will H

KY Blue blade
« on: August 09, 2011, 01:04:26 am »
I got lucky and knocked this one out after work today. Ive been trying to figure out freehand percussion after spending the weekend in the pit with Coyboy and SAWFILER. I didnt end up making a point this weekend but I think I learned something... :) Thanks again for the blue Shannon! And the Georgetown Paul!! You guys are the best  ;D ;D ;D
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline ordcorpdw

Re: KY Blue blade
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:40:22 am »
man that is awesome!! im so tired of making rubble!!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:05:33 am »
That looks great! Will I think you got it.  I was thinking of making a knife for hunting this winter.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:28:46 am »
That looks dam good Will! Looks to be percussion all the way? I'm not seeing your signature flaw across the middle on this one. Lol ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:30:20 pm »
Will, I used to percussion off the side of my leg an did okay but this summer started to free hand an just seemed like I got better flake scars an a little more zip out of my hits, also finally got  so I spaced my flakes out an this made a huge improvement on flake scars an thinning. Wished I could have been there, Shannon an Paul are both great knappers an fun to just bs with. Great looking blade an that blue is some pretty rock ;D ;D ;D

Offline Timo

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 11:05:40 pm »
Perty blade from some very nice material. 8)