Author Topic: Hazzle Arrows  (Read 3999 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Hazzle Arrows
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:04:24 am »
  I could'nt wait so I sinewed on some old trade points. I'm sure you know what I'm saying when I say the just leap off the bow like little darts.  Hazzle's a really solf wood so I dyed green then sealed the elmers wood harder for rotten wood. If anyone needs to stiffen up there shafts try this. I did'ny spine test one then redo after it was aplyed wish I would have.
   It's also a wood sealed looks like my new sealer. I going to seal a ELM BOW with it also just to see how it go's. I seal all my own bows with bee's wax but when I build a bow for someone lots of people don't like the maintance you have to do to it each year to the bow. So I think I've found a new sealer.
  Hazzle's the straightest shoots I've ever seen you could shoot some of them as they are.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline uwe

Re: Hazzle Arrows
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 03:47:37 pm »
I used hazel years ago as arrowshafts and I can part your experiences. There is one plainsarrow about 10 years old and its still as straight on his first day.
Regards Uwe

Offline snag

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:20:10 pm »
I'm heading to the hazelnut (or filbert as we here in Oregon call them) orchard to cut some limbs. Thanks
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:21:33 pm »
Hey Crookedarrow, do you think that Elmer's Wood Hardener would work on Phrag shafts & River Cane shafts?

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~