Author Topic: The Teacher  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: The Teacher
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »
I just finished tillering an Elm bow that has a split down one side from mid limb up to the handle.  Glued it up with some crazy and it's still holding. 
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 06:37:10 pm »
Keep at it Michael.. I wanna see el profesor fling an arrow or two
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 02:22:20 pm »
I just finished tillering an Elm bow that has a split down one side from mid limb up to the handle.  Glued it up with some crazy and it's still holding.

Good to know Marc, I haven't worked on it the last few weeks, I'll inject some crazy glue into it and let it dry a few days. My last day at work is Wednesday, I will have some time to work on bows and other stuff until I get a call from someone wanting to hire me, so I should be able to get it finished this week I hope. It will get more than one or two arrows out of it Cip, I think Marc is right it just needs to be taken into account and treated with something to keep those bits together.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 03:52:52 pm »
Good luck, I sure hope it makes a nice bow.  Listen carefully while you tiller.  You can sometimes hear it when a superglue joint begins to come apart.  If you can get it fully tillered you can wrap it and then you'll be golden.

George
St Paul, TX