Author Topic: fletching jig which one to buy?  (Read 11297 times)

Offline CraigMBeckett

Re: fletching jig which one to buy?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 03:51:18 am »
I use a BPE Pro for standard length fletching, for long fletching I use Carol Archery's Jig. I find Carol Archery's Jig far more precise that the one made by Richard Head, one of which I own.

The BPE Pro is very adjustable and can be set up for 6 fletches,  Carol Archery's jig is a "3 in one go" jig for long (7.5" or more) feathers, no guessing if the little pointer is correctly located as in Richard head's one.

Craig.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:54:35 am by CraigMBeckett »

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 07:49:54 am »
Have not tryed nothing but my jo jan you can knock out 6 at a time and so far so good....but I have only done about 4dozen but im shure they will all do a fine job
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline mstrick96

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
Sounds like everyone's favorite is whichever one they have!   ;)

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 09:34:56 pm »

I would suggest that fletching jigs are essentially simple things and they would need to be poorly designed/manufactured to displease people and as most people only require minor adjustability then even the least expensive jig would satisfy especially if the method of locating the fletches and the orientation of the arrow is precise.

Craig.

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 12:20:01 pm »

I would suggest that fletching jigs are essentially simple things and they would need to be poorly designed/manufactured to displease people and as most people only require minor adjustability then even the least expensive jig would satisfy especially if the method of locating the fletches and the orientation of the arrow is precise.

Craig.

Well said :D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

FAW

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 10:23:17 pm »
Bitzenburger, straight clamp, LW helical, RW helical, lots of time and patience - will work until you need to pass on to your heirs..

Offline Bigbadad

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 12:04:57 pm »
I'm probably going to "out" myself completely with this suggestion!
I live in Germany and you can only buy all the standard fletching tools already mentioned here!
A couple of months ago, I bought myself an Arizona E- Z fletching tool and I wouldn't change it for anything else! All three feathers at once and it handles anything up to a 5" feather, natural or plastic!
After my first attempts at fletching and remembering all the hours I put in for my first 20 arrows, the couple of hours it took to do a dozen, from start to finish, with my E-Z, was like a breath of fresh air!
I'm now considering buying another one for a helical twist and yet another for left-wing feathers!
The tool itself is not too expensive, I can get one on ebay for $35, but the postage for Germany is killer! $20 minimum! Any suggestions as to how I could get them sent any cheaper?
Regards to all,
Lewis
If it isn't fun, don't do it!
British by birth, English by the grace of God!

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 12:43:08 pm »
If you can afford it....a Bitzenburger.  I have two.....AWESOME.
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline nyarrow

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 10:39:20 pm »
My first and only was a bitz and it works great! I would suggest getting the jig for left and right though. I steal all the primary feathers from my friends turkeys and geese and as of now can only use the right wings if I wish.

Offline tenbrook

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 02:20:54 pm »
"Indian makes small fire, sits close.
White man makes big fire, sits far away."

- Stalking Wolf

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 04:42:25 am »
   I hav'nt used anything but JO-JAN for over 30 years.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING