Linked Events

• TwinOaks Open Shoot: March 17, 2012 - March 18, 2012
  • Twin Oaks TN Classic: May 04, 2012 - May 06, 2012
  • 20th Annual White Tail Classic Targets: September 08, 2012
  • TwinOaks Whitetail Classic Deer hunt: September 22, 2012 - September 23, 2012

Author Topic: Twin Oaks 15 th TN Classic 2012  (Read 47982 times)

Offline WoodMunkey157

Re: Twin Oaks 15 th TN Classic 2012
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2012, 04:55:43 am »
Me and some friends are stopping in on saturday the 5th, not to shoot but just to check the whole place out!

Offline WoodMunkey157

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2012, 12:42:18 am »
I've already emailed pappy with this question, but per the above post would my friends and I need to pay the 20$ entry fee if we aren't shooting and are just taking a look around for 1hour? Can someone shed some light on this question? Thanks!!

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2012, 03:54:09 am »
you would have to drudge up a picture of me!  :-*

I remember that one!!!
 >:D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2012, 11:41:18 am »
Ahhh Tiller we were talking about you while we were around the fire last night.  All good things, I promise, just wondering when you will ever make it back!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2012, 01:21:16 pm »
Going to try for next year. Been so busy with the business and stuff I just have not had time to get away. Plus, the economy sucks!  :(

Hmm! I bet the guys need some of my stinky soaps! The never did find out that the Lemongrass soap kept the ticks and mosquitos off of me! Never did get bitten! Not once!!!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline WoodMunkey157

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2012, 03:13:13 pm »
Can no one answer my above question, I am mere hours away and need to know so my companions and I can exit the interstate or stay on!!!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2012, 05:36:29 pm »
Can no one answer my above question, I am mere hours away and need to know so my companions and I can exit the interstate or stay on!!!

I think everybody who could is too busy shooting and knapping to answer you.  I'm almost positive Pappy won't be doing anything on the computer until this is over.  I'd go if I were you.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Mickey

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2012, 05:47:10 pm »
Home from the Classic . Had to leave early because I was afraid my mosickle would be stuck at the bottom of the drive since it was starting to storm about 6:30 this morning.Rained as hard as I have seen it. Wind blowing hard, giant bolts of lightening. Scarey. Had part of 24 closed down. rode bout 150 miles in it almost to Louisville before it cleared up.

Anyhow a great time. Thanks Pappy it was good to see you again. Appreciate the hospitality. PatB it was an honor finally meeting you. Sorry it was such a short visit. It was great meeting Michal Moore, Monroe Luther and Marie Luther aka Calendargirl from PA magazine. Been writing for them for 12 years, 29 articles and it's the first time I ever met anyone from the magazine. Great folks. Was good to see Gary DAvis working his butt off helping people as usual and re- meeting Steve Gardiner aka Badger who I met at Mojam in 08 and who I was lucky to co-author The Traditional Bowyers Bible 4 with. Also a pleasure to meet String Stretcher, Mullet, and a wonderfully talented bow maker and musician named Will. And there was a real nice fellow frm sw Indiana, Kevin or Keith, sorry cant remember that showed me a dandy of a bow called Bullet (see i remember the important stuff lol) that he had made that had had a bullet lodged in the wood when he split it out...Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Anyhow wish I could have spent another day but it was not to be. Maybe next year.Awesome event ya got going on down there in the Tennessee hills.

Offline Mickey

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2012, 05:49:27 pm »
Wood monkey I'm almost positive there is no charge if you don't shoot. Plenty of vendors there to visit and you can watch some bowmaking and flint knapping.

Offline WoodMunkey157

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2012, 06:01:26 pm »
Thank you! That is the response I've been dying to see! :):)

Offline WoodMunkey157

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2012, 01:19:04 am »
Alas, we did not make it:-/. My troop wanted to keep moving quickly, we are on a long haul from Indiana to Florida.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2012, 07:44:19 pm »
Sorry you didn't make it Woodmonkey.  It sure was a great time!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2012, 07:45:33 pm »
Now that's funny right there.  Had to hold my laptop upside down.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2012, 07:53:52 pm »
What do you mean looks fine to me George?!?!?!  8)
I am sure EVERYONE else can concur.  Right??/   >:D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »
I made it home just a little while ago, tired but what a great four days. It was good to see old friends and make new ones, sit up late at night around the fire pit and reminiscing the Classics of years past and just being with some of the finest folks on earth.  The wait for the Classic seems endless each year but our time together goes by so quickly.  :(  We now all have the memories of the 15 Tennessee Classic to carry us to the 16th.
  Mickey it was great to finally meet you. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation and appreciate the stone knife you gifted me. It will be a cherished part of my collection.
  Steve Gardner(Badger) is a bow building machine!  8)   Every time I turned around Steve was either starting with a new stave or finishing up one that seemed like he just started. Steve, it was a pleasure to meet you in person and I can only hope that this will not be your last Classic.
There were so many folks that I met this past weekedd that I dare not try to name them all but it was a pleasure to meet you all. Our Family of the Bow is getting bigger and better with each of you.
  Pappy, Miss Joanie and the whole Twin Oaks gang I can't thank you guys enough. When we turned into the Twin Oaks driveway on Thursday afternoon it was like coming home. You guys sure know how to make a body feel welcomed and at home. Thank you all for a wonderful weekend and for opening your hearts to us.
  I sure there will be lots of pics and stories in the coming days so I will cut this short.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC