Author Topic: You know your addicted.......  (Read 20419 times)

Offline Bevan R.

Re: You know your addicted.......
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2012, 05:46:26 pm »
When you say to yourself, "The blood will stop soon, I'll just finish getting this ridge off then go see about a bandage"
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Baldmoose

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2012, 08:20:44 pm »
When your wife gets a chunk of obsidian stuck in her foot from walking across the livingroom.  Ill never knap inside again..... I learnt my lesson lol
Baldmoose
"The Pain is Worth The Glory"

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2012, 03:20:11 pm »
When its a balmy -20c Canadian morning and ur heaterless knapping session is ended not by cold fingers and toes but by the blood on ur winter coat reavealing a tiny slit in ur finger that is producing a steady drip.  :)
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2012, 08:22:09 pm »
When your wife gets a chunk of obsidian stuck in her foot from walking across the livingroom.  Ill never knap inside again..... I learnt my lesson lol

I knap outside and mine still managed to get a piece in her foot walking through the kitchen.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline maddog314

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2012, 12:46:27 am »
When you find it is the only hing that holds your A.D.D atintion for more than a few minutes..."Hunny I did not realize I was out here knapping for five hours instead of cleaning the garage". ::)

Offline Baldmoose

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2012, 01:33:22 am »
When you know you've had to many beers but you broke all the bottle bottoms and keep drinking cause you need more...... Its kind of an endless cycle... the more you drink more likely to snap it.  the more you snap the more you drink.  When i first started this was the case lol
Baldmoose

Offline Baldmoose

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2012, 01:34:15 am »
when you've posted more than one time on this thread.  >:D
Baldmoose

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 01:40:37 am »
So since we are hoplessly addicted to busting rocks, should we start goin to meetings?  Knappers Anonymous??
Hello, Im Jimmy and Im addicted to flintknapping.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 01:47:03 am »
No, it's "Hello I'm Jimmy and I'm a Knappaholic...." ;D ;D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Baldmoose

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 12:55:24 pm »
When you take 3 trips to the dollar store in one day just to buy those $1 jars that have a nice glass bottom on them.  aha i do this way to often..... cant wait until the creeks open up 
Baldmoose

Offline StevenT

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 02:21:07 pm »
I am so glad to see that others have had the same problem.... Wife stepping on obidian flake in the living room. That little problem almost got me hurt!

Offline Tower

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2012, 10:29:04 pm »
When you look up from knapping & are eye to eye with the VP of the company & all you can say is " Hey, you play with your I phone. I play with rocks. The belts are turning & you are making money". He smiled & laughed!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline billy

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 02:02:03 am »
...when someone makes fun of your stone tipped arrows and you're actually offended.....so you shoot him with it!  I actually did that to a kid many years ago.  I still have that arrow....and the stone point is still perfectly intact!!  YEAH!!!   >:D   >:D   >:D
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Tower

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 02:53:00 am »
That's pretty good Billy.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »
when youve been waiting for a 20+ lb package of rocks to come in the mail.(i havent even really knapped properly yet!)
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)